Dingo Root Grapple or Rake grapple?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jace

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Any experienced preference between these two for tree work? Going on a TX 425.
36" 'rake" grapple
http://www.toro.com/en-us/professio...ments/pages/model.aspx?pid=22521-grapple-rake

upload_2015-3-9_10-27-51.jpeg
44" (bottmom width no doubt)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-44-CID-...016?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27e98cc3b8

images

You know my opinion ;)

But on another forum a guy (treevet) swears buy the rake grapple for tree work. So I'd probably lean that way versus the other, if those are my only options. Though CID makes great products.

The rake grapple will allow you to load wood better onto your trailer...with your low lift. Because you won't have to tip your bucket to unload.

Here is a video he posted once

Check out some of his other videos too...I think there is others showing him using the root grapple

I appreciate the input. I went w the root grapple for now, and will have to try for a Bmg later on.

Just realized I was calling them the wrong name...Video is of a rake grapple which treevet uses. Either is better than forks...or using tongs.

The advantage of rake grapple is no lost of lift height, because you don't need to tilt the bucket/attachment.

Anywho, enjoy you purchase. :)

They already started shipping it (from outa state) a few hrs ago I believe, so I can't change it now. I went w the root grapple name that was mentioned, nvr watched the video recognizing it was actuslly a rake grapple preferred. Oh well..

Dude your kidding me right? I'm so sorry for using the wrong name, and therefore you buying one you didn't necessarily want.

I figured the video, and the fact of not having to tilt/dump would clarify which one I meant. :(

No biggie. I shouldve paid better attention to the tilt/dump comment and/or video. I like its CID solid looking build better anyway, just not sure I'll have the heigth. My trailer is 55" tall. My hinge pin (by the book) is 65" tall. I stayed up till 3:30 am trying to figure out if it will work with loosing some heigth on the dump. Might gain a little in reach, my fenders stick out 10". I finally just gave up and I'll know when it gets here. I plan on getting a dw 650 a little later and itll def work w that. Hopefully it will w the tx 420. We'll see in a couple days.
I shouldve probly waited a bit longer for comments b4 purchasing anyway, I just have a good size job taking out about a dozen trees out of a yard asap, and I want to use a grapple instead of forks.

No biggie. I shouldve paid better attention to the tilt/dump comment and/or video. I like its CID solid looking build better anyway, just not sure I'll have the heigth. My trailer is 55" tall. My hinge pin (by the book) is 65" tall. I stayed up till 3:30 am trying to figure out if it will work with loosing some heigth on the dump. Might gain a little in reach, my fenders stick out 10". I finally just gave up and I'll know when it gets here. I plan on getting a dw 650 a little later and itll def work w that. Hopefully it will w the tx 420. We'll see in a couple days.
I shouldve probly waited a bit longer for comments b4 purchasing anyway, I just have a good size job taking out about a dozen trees out of a yard asap, and I want to use a grapple instead of forks.
CID definitely a quality robust product (I have their forks). So for that you will be happy.

You can always build something like this:
d7a3ee8247307dfd34833bdfb71fb145.jpg

Just have to make it longer.

a111.jpg a1112.jpg

Looks like it'll work. Barely at the fenders.... but will tilt just enough the logs will roll out I think

I know you got your root grapple., but I thought I'd share this. It was posted on another forum, and will be in April's tree trader.

6d526f4726a7861af6c1a7f6130031cc.jpg

I use that rake grapple and absolutely love it. It tightens down enough to were you can't lose smaller brush or logs

Latest posts

Back