Direct marketing

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
John Paul Sanborn

John Paul Sanborn

Above average climber
I thought I asked this question beofre, but cannot find any posts.

What luck have you had with direct marketing, buying mailing lists based on demographics or any such program?

Also, I just looked into Spotrunner and a 4 month campaign in my area would be $4-12K, and they do not have any good stock adds for tree care.

John464

John464

Addicted to ArboristSite
for how many homes does your price qoute include? I mail to 12,000 homes for 4 months at $4,000. It has worked well for us

lxt

Addicted to ArboristSite
direct marketing,

the method I use is even more direct & in use right now for me!!!!

5000 door hangers & flyers = approx $375.00 professionally done!!

4 ready to graduate teenagers, 2 cars & maps of the targeted areas.

Ill spend maybe $1500.00, kids get work, meet and talk to customers, they have fun & people are surprised to see young adults takin interest in this line of work.

I have gotten since I started doing this 2yrs ago approx. 8% hire rate at $250-$300 average( some jobs more some less but this is the average). Ill let you guys do the math.

LXT......................................................

lxt

Addicted to ArboristSite
maxburton, did you read the part that said AVERAGE!!!!!!!! NO,

let me simplify: I get a job for $1200, another for $400, another for $200, another for $100(stump job) and so on, you take all the figures add them up, divide by the number of jobs and you get......drum roll........... = average dollar amount received.

PS. using the figures above average wage(income) would equal $475.00

I do very good work by the way, 45-50% repeat business yearly must be doin sumthin right.

LXT.........................................AHH WHATTA RUSH!!!

maxburton

maxburton

ArboristSite Operative
lxt, no need to get excited. I understood that you meant average, but the averages for me and the folks I know in the business are far higher. I was just wondering if you did some kind of special work that had a lower price tag. I haven't assumed anything about the quality of your work. I do a lot of removals, so my average is more like 1200, and I have a lot less repeat work because some of my customers have no trees left!

lxt

Addicted to ArboristSite
maxburton,

sorry about that, I though you were bustin on my work quality. just being defensive I guess. me bad no offense takin!!!

be safe take care, LXT...................

lxt

Addicted to ArboristSite
If that figure was my gross, YES ,that figure was based off the return from a particular marketing strategy, soooooo, ahh hell its all just money right? uncle sam is the true winner.

LXT...................

ponderosatree

ponderosatree

ArboristSite Operative
Rule of thumb is that you're response rate will be 0.01% (yes, less than 1%) so 5000 mailers will net 50 responses. Whether those 50 responses result in any work depends on many factors.

Additionally, ALWAYS offer an incentives for them to call you. Usually 10% off or something along those lines. Make sure the leads you're buying are quality, are targeting home owners and make sure your mailers look nice. I have seen a lot of mailers which look like crap.

Latest posts