Dirty Hand Tools 28 ton Cylinder Replacement

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Omnipotent

Reaction score
Brand new here, but searches from this site have helped me in the past. As the subject states, need a new Cylinder and got one from Amazon https://www.amazon.com/Hydraulic-Sp...01EGLLUXE/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

A couple of things.....when reinstalling the "return line" (Guessing that's the line metal line on the side of the tank) I stripped out the nut on the rear end of the connector, so I need a new return line (this might not be the return line, don't know what else to call it, Cylinder Hose line maybe?). Can this line be a flexible line or does it have to be metal again? If I can use a flexible line, does it have to be a high pressure line, or can this be a low pressure hose? Lastly, since I will need to have this line made (guess I could but prefer not to) is this something NAPA should be able to do?

Also, the part that connects to the Wedge, on the new cylinder the "pipe" is rotated 30 degrees....can I turn this to line up so it fits the wedge? I was afraid to give that a try as I'm not sure if it's capable of spinning "freely" or not.

Thanks in advance for some basic questions, but a hydraulics expert I am not.

JD

Here is the line I'm referring to, they are almost always metal however I have seen a few that are rubber:

Attachments

• tempImageFUuWR8.png
    tempImageFUuWR8.png
    12.6 MB · Views: 2
Here is the line I'm referring to, they are almost always metal however I have seen a few that are rubber:
That metal line is not the "Return Line" That is a High pressure line, Return lines are low pressure.

The return line comes off of the log splitter valve and returns oil back to the tank, It usually has a filter before it gets to the tank. That steel line is the line that provides High pressure to push the ram through the log or the PUSH STROKE. That can be replaced with a rubber high pressure hydraulic hose if you cant find the right steel line, You would just need to buy the correct fittings that screw into the ram and then that the hose screws onto, Most likely "JIC", It may be a pipe thread going into the ram, Or it could be an o-ring type fitting.

Thanks for the details...after looking at splitter diagrams from random companies I figured that this was a high pressure line. I've found some JIC lines for 5000 PSI, that should be enough, but I'll go to my NAPA that makes Hydraulic lines and get one made.

Thanks

Latest posts

Back