dissecting an earthquake chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Couldn't resist. For 40 bucks, just bought the 38cc. If it runs, be a great loaner saw.

you bas****,,, i was going to get that one,,, thats ok,, he has several more :hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:
this one ran decent out of the box,, just had to fatten up the high/low side to make it better,, after i did that it ran good,,, least there's no limiters on it

It is very RedMax like, but it is different. The cylinder in the GZ4500 and GZ4000 tilt forward but this tilts backward. The muffler looks completely different. And yet there are similarities.

Those castings are rough looking - may not effect how they work but they'd be better covered up. Kinda like some of the stuff you see in public - just because you can see the belly doesn't mean you want to.

you bas****,,, i was going to get that one,,, thats ok,, he has several more :hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:
this one ran decent out of the box,, just had to fatten up the high/low side to make it better,, after i did that it ran good,,, least there's no limiters on it

I had to do it....got the 38cc one and I am excited for 40 bucks that it could be a good dirt saw. Gives me something to do my first muffler mod to.

It seems that he has sold a lot of these that work if you check his feedback!

Is this a Stihl?

attachment.php

Remember the chinese copy everything.

Is this a Husqvarna?

attachment.php

well its morning,, getting ready to head to the auction,, when i get back going to put this thing back together and stick her in some wood and see what happens,, worst case senerio it will come apart at the seams,, but on the good side it might be a nice saw to run
1 of the things i forgot to add about this saw was that the spark screen is non removable, it is made into the muffler

I bought one of the Blue Thunder or some such version of that saw last year. Its the one that Northern Tool sold and since have quit selling. It had a Chinese Walbro carb that was bad. I haven't messed with it since. I made 3 cuts with it and it never ran after that. It was supposed to be under warraunty but I never got around to looking into that.

I was hoping to get it running and throw it on the bonfire at my freinds "Anything that burns party" that he has every year on the opening nite of trout season.

On the good side, It did come with a nice case, a scrench, and a good Oregon Double Guard 18 inch bar and chain combo. The case holds my 346 and the bar is on my Oly 950.

this is a piece of split 3 year seasoned oak,, i already did the mm and tuned it,, taching 12800 at wot,, i have 1 more vid where i buried it in some 3 year seasoned oak,,, sorry for the vids, i am still learning how to use this new camera

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/L9swkYHaSdA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

i have the bar buried in oak,,, i think it would do it a lot of good to take the base gasket out,, it was only blowing 130 before i did the vids

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3nT6WT5duRM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

If you get a chance, I'd like to know what it weighs with fluids dumped and no B&C. FYI, the Redmax 3800 and 400 where some of the most anemic saws that I've ever run stock. Once modded, they were the two strongest I've ever run in that class of saw. They'd make a 200T look like a toy.

If you get a chance, I'd like to know what it weighs with fluids dumped and no B&C. FYI, the Redmax 3800 and 400 where some of the most anemic saws that I've ever run stock. Once modded, they were the two strongest I've ever run in that class of saw. They'd make a 200T look like a toy.

give me about half hour or so and i will get a weight for you

pho only is 11pd 5oz

well i ran a tank of mix through this today,, not a fast cutter but it did perform very well,, av's are real nice,,, even though it is a 45cc i would compare it to an echo 370,, if for some reason i end up keeping it i am going to do a mild porting and take the base gasket out,, that might help it a lot, i repeat,,, it isn't a fast cutting saw but it did run real good,, it is a good home owner saw

Latest posts

Back