dissecting an earthquake chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i think we all have some serious issues for buying so many:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Okay, I don't have a video of my cutting or anything fancy like that, but I can tell you (roughly) the times and gains from bone stock to muffler modded and ported. I posted my porting pics somewhere back there and I didn't get really radical, just mostly opened the exhaust and let it breathe. I only opened the intake port, exhaust port, opened the muffler and removed the base gasket. I didn't change timing, change the carb, use a different chain or anything else.

38 cc Earthquake with 16" bar / chain on 10" oak, stock with one tank of gas through it: 17 seconds

same saw as above ported, mm, no base gasket and 3 more tanks on the same 10" oak: 13 seconds

same as above after I hand-filed the chain and lowered the rakers a bit: 12 seconds

I don't know if I dulled the chain as I was running it the other day or if it's just crappy chain to start with. I used the b/c supplied with the saw.

I think there are significant gains still to be had. I know the piston can have some weight taken off and give it more duration on the intake, I know I can still enlarge the intake and exhaust much more than what I've done already. I didn't spend a lot of time porting and polishing, just opened it and smoothed it up a bit. I'm very pleased with the little saw and I'll see what other improvements can be made as I use it.

dd

Attach a little bottle of NOS to it. Or start running nitro!:hmm3grin2orange:

clogged impulse port/line or hi-jet on the craftsman for sure, it usually happens when they sit for a long time.

well crap,,,, every saw he has on there has bids right now :bang::bang::bang: i was hoping for a couple that was going out today,, why don't you guys give me a chance to get a couple,,, you bunch of dang hoarders

HA! Just put bid in for the last unbid one. Bought 3, sold one, and haven't even cut with one yet. Too cold and too much snow! Gonna mod one when I get some space cleared to be able to work on some more.:laugh:

Let's not bid against each other, my E-buy handle sounds a lot like my AS one. After all we have to save money to pay our recent tax increase.

Let's not bid against each other, my E-buy handle sounds a lot like my AS one. After all we have to save money to pay our recent tax increase.

thats why i don't bid on one that already has a bid,, i don't want to screw any ASers

yea but did you notice he raised the opening bid by 5 bucks :bang::bang:

I know that's why I only got a few this time I have to take my Mum out to dinner tonight :msp_smile:

The best one I get today will be left n the box till summer time maybe then there won't be all the saw's on ebay and will make the BIG $$$ then :jester:

I know that's why I only got a few this time I have to take my Mum out to dinner tonight :msp_smile:

The best one I get today will be left n the box till summer time maybe then there won't be all the saw's on ebay and will make the BIG $$$ then :jester:

i have 2 coming today,, more then likely if it like the one i got yesterday i will do the mods to it and put it back in the box for now and sell the other one

ok,, heres the one i got yesterday,, i am not going to take a lot of pics,, i fueled it and 2 pulls and it was running,, brand spanken new,, i did notice right off the bat it was doggy as heck,, it only blew 120 but we will see later on today what it will blow after i take the gasket out,,,also going to open the exhaust,, do some cutting on the carb so i can adjust carb and do a major MM,, later on today i will have the after vid and see how much of a gain we get,,, this vid is right out of the box,, you can here it has no balls,, i wasn't even pushing,all i did was let the weight of the saw push it through,, geeeezzzz,, a chipmunk has more balls

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/f__b9PmCESg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I need a vid camera so I can make movies of me cutting cookies and post them here on AS to show the POWER these saw's have :jester:

I need a vid camera so I can make movies of me cutting cookies and post them here on AS to show the POWER these saw's have :jester:

your right they will get away from you:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Latest posts

Back