Disston KB7-ay

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KW83

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Went to auction yesterday and this saw followed me home. I looked at it a week previous and there were 2 chains in the box. I bought it yesterday and there were 4 chains in the box, one being a chipper chain. It came with a shipping crate marked for shipment to Olmstead Air Base in Middletown, PA. It does have some O.D. green parts on it. The crate is marked repairable on both ends. I don't know the history but assume someone bought a military saw and used parts from it for this saw. It mostly complete, though I believe it has been repainted. It is a '47 model. I got a 5th chain in a box lot with some other chains and an electric chainsaw for $5. One of the other chains is 1/2 pitch, though I have know use for that at this time. The Disston turns over but has no spark. I believe it will be a runner as soon as I have some time to work at it. It was not to bad of a day. I was mostly interested in getting spare chains for my KB7-b.

Attachments

• STUZrfc - Imgur.jpg
    STUZrfc - Imgur.jpg
    235.3 KB · Views: 24
Back