Do I need a permit for climbing trees in canada (vancovuer)?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

konaman

Reaction score
Hello, I been climbing trees in the amazon for a while, now That I moved to canada (vancouver bc) do I need permit for climbing trees on parks? what about crown land or natural areas?

THanks

Hello, I been climbing trees in the amazon for a while, now That I moved to canada (vancouver bc) do I need permit for climbing trees on parks? what about crown land or natural areas?

THanks

As long as you are only climbing, you don't need one on crown land (at least not in Ontario). And if federal crown lands.. would be same rules.

Not sure about municipal parks, but should not be an issue.. unless they are concerned with liability.

If municipal (ie: vancouver parks), call city and explain situation and ask. If you have some experience, qualifications and proper safety gear (and talk to right individual then I am sure you are ok.. but check). Talk to them in person if you can.. and then follow up with an email to them just outlining and confirming what you discussed - just tell them in email it is really just a clarification to ensure you understood conversation correctly. (but keep it just in case anybody in future ever gives you a problem) Can be a lot of politics in a city..

Latest posts

Back