Do solar kilns work?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 188535

Chainsaw-wielding middle-schooler
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am trying to build up my firewood business as it seems as if Virginia gets a real winter this year, I will be getting real sales. I need a quick way to dry my wood in a couple of weeks. I have thought of building a small solar kiln and was wondering if that would be sufficient to dry a small amount of wood every 3 weeks to keep up with demand. It would sit in a very sunny part of my yard. I am also wondering if this will also work in the winter too? I need an energy-efficient solution too. Could I maybe make a kiln with a furnace powered by woodchips? ANY advice helps.

I am trying to build up my firewood business as it seems as if Virginia gets a real winter this year, I will be getting real sales. I need a quick way to dry my wood in a couple of weeks. I have thought of building a small solar kiln and was wondering if that would be sufficient to dry a small amount of wood every 3 weeks to keep up with demand. It would sit in a very sunny part of my yard. I am also wondering if this will also work in the winter too? I need an energy-efficient solution too. Could I maybe make a kiln with a furnace powered by woodchips? ANY advice helps.

Do not let the naysayers dissuade you. You have a ton more ambition than most your age. If I remember correctly you are mostly selling camp wood in small bundles. Keep doing what you are doing and you will be fine. Split it small and let it air dry and carry on young man.

Latest posts

Back