Do Stihl dealers not like to sell saw builders parts?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This saw was not in stock and never will be here. It will not be ordered until its paid for first as well. I did make sure the man paid no frieght but I also made sure he paid the fiddler before it was ordered, somethings just have to be this way.

attachment.php
I usually don't judge a man by his looks, but something about this picture made me chuckle. Something about that old boy running that saw just don't look right. I could be wrong. He may be an old wood tick from way back. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinm210
BTW, I did contact Baileys and they said they can order OEM parts, but you must call in the numbers. Anything they don't have in stock will take 3 weeks tops to get in.

This makes me unhappy.

Howdy,
I can't say that it wasn't said but, I can say it isn't true. Sometimes we're forced to ask for serial numbers, or carb (OEM stamped in) numbers, to verify part variations. Don't get me wrong, we more than welcome someone to give us a part number. We only have so many techs that can research a part properly. If you've ever called here trying to get a tech on the phone, it usually doesn't happen on the first call. The difference is when someone gives us a number they assume responsibility for it being correct. When we do the research, we take responsibility. This makes a huge difference when it comes to returned parts and their associated shipping charges. I many cases we end up with more questions for the customer than they have for us. I some cases when a customer has a huge laundry list of parts they're looking for, or there's an application issue, we'll get a parts list in their hands for verification. Long story short. If someone here ever tells you something that doesn't sound right, or sit well with you. Please let me know. It doesn't matter if it's in a forum, or PM.
Regards
Gregg

Latest posts

Back