Do they make a good $100 saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that thing looks nearly new!

it is hard for me to tell, in the pics. is that metal or plastic construction behind the clutch cover and the cover itself?
the cover looks like magnesium?

it is hard for me to tell, in the pics. is that metal or plastic construction behind the clutch cover and the cover itself?

Should be magnesium. Efco 56cc and up are "pro" saws with mag cases.

I believe the 56 is built on the same frame as the 62 (or now 65). The 62/65 is the sweetheart of the Efco lineup, with a good power-to-weight ratio.

Yes, darned outboard clutch, and 0.325" chain. Otherwise they are great saws.

got my 026 off CL a month ago for 100,then put a 3 dollar impulse line on it. Don't know how much better you can get. There out there!

that thing looks nearly new!

Yep, mag case

Last edited:
Been looking thru the service manual (Thanks Dirt1!). Thought this was interesting.

"After five tanks of fuel for break in period, adjust to recommended RPM. After thirty tanks of fuel, adjust for
maximum power. Factory carburetor settings are generally sufficient for the 5 to 6 tank break-in period. All
engines should be broken-in rich due to tight engine tolerances. All engines will vary on break-in RPM and
maximum RPM:s. The listings provided are a general guideline. Verify that high speed screw settings are
rich of optimum during the 5 to 6 tank break-in period"

It goes on to say that the saw should reach full power after 30 tanks.

pawn shopping eh?

they sure make a good $200 saw. that's what i paid for the 7900 at a three-dingle-berry store.

then 100 more for a mount, chain and bar. so 3 altogether.

i'd do it again!:greenchainsaw: :cheers:

Latest posts

Back