Do they still make the "0" series ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dale

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
My guess is a big NO, but does Stihl manufacture the zero saw series ? I'm no Stihl historian, nor do I care to be, but would like to know. If so, I'm in for a sell and a buy. I have an 015, 028 AV Super and an MS361. My 028, I just love it. As a 3 cord a yr woodcutter, that sucker with an 18" bar fits my bill. Well, I came about an almost new MS361. From the moment I had it in my hands I knew I didn't like it. Actually, compared to my 028, I don't like the feel of any of the MS series saws. OK, enough bellyaching. If I can get my hands on a new zero series saw, even of lesser cc's (I don't need all the balls for what I do), I'm letting that MS361 go..... good riddance. Anybody know ?

A couple of the saws are still made for sale in third world countries, but they have different numbers like MS380 instead of 038 Magnum.

Nope, all the "0" series saws have been superceded by different model numbers

026=MS260
036=MS360
044=MS440
066=MS660

etc.

MS = Completely plastic with a boxy looking style vs. the cast casings and sleeker looking style... ughhhhhhhhh !!!. I know looks aren't what makes a good runner, but I can't get used to the feel. Maybe if I neck down from a 20" to 18" bar I'll feel more at home.

That 028 is a good saw. I got one and it used to be my favorite. Things have moved on though. The best you can do is take care of your trusty 028. You can still get parts and everything so you should be ok if anything breaks. For what you cut, it should last you a lifetime if taken care of.:cheers:

Country1, I bought it used in 1991, and haven't looked back yet. Maybe I should sell the 361 and stick the money in a fund for when the day comes I need a new jug for it. I'm sure the money will be there when I go to use it. :)

Country1, I bought it used in 1991, and haven't looked back yet. Maybe I should sell the 361 and stick the money in a fund for when the day comes I need a new jug for it. I'm sure the money will be there when I go to use it. :)

hey, i know where a good looking 028 is, whad'da' say i pick it up and ship it to you, and you can ship that 361 to me??

seriously, i know the 28 is highly regarded and is lighter than a 361, but the weight difference isn't that much and the 361 is much stronger and smoother.

There are alot of 026 saws out there as well that are even lighter than the 028 with decent power!!!

Latest posts

Back