Do we REALLY want regulatory control?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LXT, sometimes people can make an ass out of themselves but you abuse the privilege. Even if I wasn't in this business I wouldn't hire you to take my trash out. I have seen bums on the street with more class than you.

I own a tree company & operate it, I am LCTT certified...thats line clearance ole boy I started right out of high school at 18 apprenticed through the local union working for big orange, I have worked for several employers by way of a multi-employer contract.........I have ran crew for Davey & lewis along with others!

LaXaTive...............

I shoulda known you were a line clearance guy. Surprised you got thru high school as dumb as you are. Only Asplunger would take a bogus blowhard dufus loser like you. What's your name boy? Doug? I see you mow lawns....that is where you belong where the only one you could hurt is yourself running over your foot with the mower. Get out of the tree biz....it is way too complex for you.

Easy on the line clearence asplundh employees i work for them . I have two associate degrees and a ba in plant science. We take down some of the worst trees around. This guy might be a tool but all of us are not. We have more rules and regulations than we need usually these are a result of to many untrained idiots hurting themselves. IF YOU THINK EDUCATION IS EXPENSIVE TRY IGNORANCE !!!!!

Easy on the line clearence asplundh employees i work for them . I have two associate degrees and a ba in plant science. We take down some of the worst trees around. This guy might be a tool but all of us are not. We have more rules and regulations than we need usually these are a result of to many untrained idiots hurting themselves. IF YOU THINK EDUCATION IS EXPENSIVE TRY IGNORANCE !!!!!

Good post and sorry to associate you with this clown.

As the old saying goes opinions are like aholes everyone has one and they all stink. Thats what we're all here for right?

:cheers:

LXT, sometimes people can make an ass out of themselves but you abuse the privilege. Even if I wasn't in this business I wouldn't hire you to take my trash out. I have seen bums on the street with more class than you.

:agree2:

Unable to rep you for now.....great post.

Anybody got some rep for McKeetree??? It has been well earned.

Oh great!

The very proponents of de-regulation in govt, are now throwin down red, white and blue for stricter regulation of the tree industry?

If you can't distinguish your work from a cheap hack's, and find a client base willing to pay for your services?

Find another line of work darling!

Is peeker even qualified to post in the commercial arborist forum?

jomoco

I think there is confusion in this thread in regards to lumping together govt. regulation and arborists regulation (ISA) and associated credentials.

Oh great!

The very proponents of de-regulation in govt, are now throwin down red, white and blue for stricter regulation of the tree industry?

If you can't distinguish your work from a cheap hack's, and find a client base willing to pay for your services?

Find another line of work darling!

Is peeker even qualified to post in the commercial arborist forum?

jomoco

Given your position on WTC accidents I am not to sure what this post is about apart from being inflammatory.

I am an employee. I am responsible for my own and everyone else's safety. If I see someone whether it is the boss or the brand new laborer doing something that is going to get them or someone else hurt, I stop them. If I don't stop them in time they will be covered by insurance or WC as the boss is no fool.

But I would much rather have stopped them and prevented an accident than knowing they will never dance again because their left stump is too short.

If a car speeds through our work site (and I have had one parked in the chipper), and strikes an employee then until such a time as the drivers estate (because I will :chainsaw: em') settles the claim for damages by the employee, then they will be covered by WC which is the bosses responsibility.

If I send them out on the road without hi-vis and traffic management in place then it is my responsibility. I assume my fellow employees are lambs when it comes to danger.

I want mandatory training so that the industry I chose to work in evolves and becomes more respected. Then when I tell people the tree in the backyard cannot be topped they accept my verdict instead of getting some idiot with a chainsaw and no ethics to do the butchery for them. As an industry we are well respected for our brawn, it is well past time we were respected for our brains as well.

Every day you take part in logistics management, traffic management, physics in about half a dozen different fields, mathematics, chemistry, biology, botany, mechanics, etc. Then throw in climbing which probably less than 1% of the population is even capable of doing, and only 1% of that would have the guts to do it.

As far as the clearance guys go they too are professionals. Us guys who do amenity tree work may not like their methods or results but they have a job to do and achieve amazing production in a very hazardous situation doing a job that has to be done. I would rather see a topped tree under a HV line than a burned out forest or house because a tree did contact a line.

For lxt:

Re ANSI standards: Are they voluntary? Or not?

Re OSHA: Explain the difference between an Act and a Regulation.

Jomoco, it would be exceptionally strange if there were more stringent quals required to post here than to climb and cut, don't you think?

RedlineIt

For lxt:

Re ANSI standards: Are they voluntary? Or not?

Re OSHA: Explain the difference between an Act and a Regulation.

Jomoco, it would be exceptionally strange if there were more stringent quals required to post here than to climb and cut, don't you think?

RedlineIt

I just don't get it when guys like peeker and tv get all red, white and blue ronnie raygun deregulation rules in one forum, then waltz on over to commercial tree care and spout the exact opposite without being called out as blowhard hypocrites? That's all.

jomoco

I think it comes down to this, passing tests and following rules is easy, making a good living and having a successful business is hard work!

I just don't get it when guys like peeker and tv get all red, white and blue ronnie raygun deregulation rules in one forum, then waltz on over to commercial tree care and spout the exact opposite without being called out as blowhard hypocrites? That's all.

jomoco

Be more specific joke a moke. As usual haven't the foggiest idea what the hell you are blowing your stinkin pie hole about.

I think it comes down to this, passing tests and following rules is easy, making a good living and having a successful business is hard work!

It ALL has to be earned. Nobody is giving you anything. If you got to pay the dues you can't worry about the big "money grab" or be a tightwad scrooge like jokeamoke. Pass the test, Pay the cert fee, take the classes and stay certed. It is a million miles from what it was 4 decades ago and contrary to what LXT says, there is likely no one that has been at it longer than I have. Hey way back then even the good guys did the wrong thing. They just did not know any better but now they do.

Why do you think that is. Not just these forums.....the first forum was the ISA's in 97.

I think that is the point rob, a successful business is harder work once you have passed the tests and follow the rules.

The problem is that the guys who don't follow the rules or know what they are meant to be doing have an easier time of it because someone else has to pay the price for their ineptitude. Why should all off the guys who work harder to obtain more knowledge and qualification be tarred with the same brush that the cowboy with a pickup and a chainsaw so rightly deserves.

The first step towards a world with better tree's is recognizing that there is such a thing as a recognizable tree expert and then marketing this concept to joe public.:cheers:

What a patently stooopit statement. You claim intelligence but you are dumb as a rock. You are a long winded blowhard (assclown was mentioned by another poster recently in a thread of the exact same subject). You are likely a miserable soul MIRED in mediocrity. Please learn how to spell or get spell check.

If you were in school I would vote you most likely to end up in court.....and then jail and then bankrupt.

You are against credentials.

You are against govt. legislating tree company procedure on private property.

You are against employer liability on any safety issues for injured employees.

What do you do for a living? Are you in "Daddy's" company (2nd gen tree guy). Tell me a little about yourself. What do you think about trees? What have you read.

What do you believe in? You knock everything but what is your solution to hacks beating up trees and giving professionals a bad name? Is it everyone get a college degree (when one comes available in Arboriculture)? What do we do NOW??? Lots of way smarter minds have things well in hand IMO.

LXT.........WHAT A BLOWHARD

If you can't compete out perform hacks then why are you complaining about them?

Maybe they deliver more bang for the buck than you and your library?

Your ivory tower condescending attitudes and hypocritical stances on industry regulations speak for themselves tv.

Some of the worst butchers I know are ISA CA's!

jomoco

Back