Do you think white pine would be acceptable campfire wood?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

066blaster

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I have access to about ten cords. Cut into 8 foot lengths cut last year. Limbed and stacked. 4-10inch diameter. And free! Hour drive, my brother lives on a road near several campgrounds I think I could sell alot of bundles. I could haul 3 cords at a time. I could mix it with some hardwood also.

Sure. Easy starting and burns fast. I bring ERC with me camping. Easy to start, burns fast, and when the kids are done with hot dogs/s'mores, it burns down to nothing in an hour

That's what they use down here. Cheap, gives lots of light by the fire, has lots of snap crackle pop, doesn't leave any coals so its easy to put out. Plus its light to carry and starts easily.

Campfire wood?? ANYTHING is good for campfire wood. My only request is to make sure it's seasoned. I have been to a few campgrounds where they sell fresh cut wood - the whole campground is stinky and smoky. I try and find a firewood seller outside of the campground to get wood. (No, I don't transport firewood for a variety of reasons).

I just have to find a day to dedicate to this.
8ce3.jpg

White pine is my favorite campfire wood. I love the smell and like others have said, it burns hot, bright, and fast so I don't have to worry about it smoldering all night.

Sounds like most of the "hard" work is already done for ya. Even if it doesn't sell as bundles, it's still a decent score to burn at home.

It's funny here in Southeast wi most people think if you put any pine in your furnace or fireplace your house will burn down immediately. You can't give it away for in home use.
It's amazing how foolish people are.

I've said it before on here. My uncle/aunt/cousins have burned pine at their cabin for close to 60 years and have never had a problem. And I would highly doubt the chimney has ever been cleaned.

Sure. Easy starting and burns fast. I bring ERC with me camping. Easy to start, burns fast, and when the kids are done with hot dogs/s'mores, it burns down to nothing in an hour
I don’t know man! I had a campfire for a camp out and I burnt half way seasoned White Pine, which is by far one of the softest woods and that crap burnt hot and quiet for a while and before I went to bed at around 3-4 am, I threw the rest of the pile on the fire and when I got up at around 10am, the coals were still smokin hot!

Back