Do you work with a bunch of drunks?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It sounds like they were just low on drinking money to me.

To work drunks and stoners you have to pay them just enough. Too much and their in jail or the hospital or still drinking Monday morning. Too little and their addictions are not even tickled so they end up thieving your stuff. I don't hire and save myself those problems anymore, its easier for me to just do the work.

Remember last week when you forgot you made a post about your chipper or something and then jumped on OD for "stalking you"?

Bet we had a hangover after that.

Don't even think you don't get a hangover from smoking weed too. :dizzy:

It was the pony motor I think.. I remember thinking: wow! those things are that expensive! Thank god mine is new.

You end up going to Jasper for that treeclimber?? how much again? maybe mine needs an oil change.

To work drunks and stoners you have to pay them just enough. Too much and their in jail or the hospital or still drinking Monday morning. Too little and their addictions are not even tickled so they end up thieving your stuff. I don't hire and save myself those problems anymore, its easier for me to just do the work.

bingo!

Here's a typical property we worked on last week. These people are leaders in industry and professions. You think they want stoners and potheads and drunks ruining what they bust ass for every day?

attachment.php

this is just a small portion of the property with carriage house and tennis courts etc behind the camera and the front of the property beyond the camera.

Ok. I confess.

I want to come over to your place, knock you on the head, and steal your customers.

I like to leave a few more lower branches on my shade trees, however. Some customers just like them that way, don't they?

bingo!

Here's a typical property we worked on last week. These people are leaders in industry and professions. You think they want stoners and potheads and drunks ruining what they bust ass for every day?

attachment.php

this is just a small portion of the property with carriage house and tennis courts etc behind the camera and the front of the property beyond the camera.

Did you prune the hardwood far end of pic? Nice job :clap: PS: looks like a barn swallow has a million dollar home:laugh:

Last edited:
Did you prune the hardwood far end of pic? Nice job :clap:

Couple of years ago. They wanted the thornless Honey locust raised way up and they get mass deadwood. But we have been on that property for over thirty years and done thousands of jobs all over that property. He is a local celebrity.

bingo!

attachment.php

Looks like the normal everyday here,
Jeff

Just because you cant drink or smoke anymore tv, doesn't mean you have to ram that crap down everyone throats... I mean really! Plenty of people can handle themselves just fine and still drink and smoke a little doober in moderation.

Like I said in the other thread: the folding chairs are down in the church basement waiting for you!

Let's see some pictures of your boss'es properties Jeff. Isn't he way younger than you are? ...thaaaat might kinda bother me.:mad:

Couple of years ago. They wanted the thornless Honey locust raised way up and they get mass deadwood. But we have been on that property for over thirty years and done thousands of jobs all over that property. He is a local celebrity.

I have several here that are similar need about a thousand of those customers ehhhhh:monkey:

Just because you cant drink or smoke anymore tv, doesn't mean you have to ram that crap down everyone throats... I mean really! Plenty of people can handle themselves just fine and still drink and smoke a little doober in moderation.

Like I said in the other thread: the folding chairs are down in the church basement waiting for you!

Just as in the other post....don't know what that second paragraph means :confused:

Good tree men aren't the moderating kind I have found over the years (me included)

Cryptic? You don't get a hang-over from weed.
Jeff:)

I disagree. Why do they talk the way they do and forget stuff and all the other symptoms that are common after it wears off?

I have smoked a boatload of weed in my day. Hell you could practically trip over it in Viet Nam.

Just grew up and quit to run my business better for my family.

Cryptic? You don't get a hang-over from weed.
Jeff:)

Nonsense!

I only consumed weed once in my life: it was in a magic-brownie that I ate. That thing absolutely ruined me, and I couldn't go to work for two days. It ranks as one of my worst experiences ever, right up there with many of my extensive personal injuries.

I suppose that a more experienced pot consumer doesn't notice the after effects as much, but I certainly did. I was told that they were particularly strong brownies as well, so I'm sure that was a factor. All the other people that made them seem to think they were a superior product. :dizzy: I was well known in that crowd for my refusal to smoke any weed with them, so they all thought that my predicament was a bit entertaining.

I have a rather low tolerance for anything that doesn't qualify as "food", except for alcohol. I seem to have excellent capacity for not being affected too much by alcohol. I think that comes from my hard drinking Arkansas/Tennessee forefathers.

If it's any consolation, I get hellacious hangovers from booze as well. Never two days long, though.

Last edited:
I disagree. Why do they talk the way they do and forget stuff and all the other symptoms that are common after it wears off?

I have smoked a boatload of weed in my day. Hell you could practically trip over it in Viet Nam.

Just grew up and quit to run my business better for my family.

I dont smoke weed anymore, the last time would be around 1999, but I never had a hang-over from it- I don't drink liquor either-but I see what you are saying.
Jeff

Just as in the other post....don't know what that second paragraph means :confused:

Good tree men aren't the moderating kind I have found over the years (me included)

It was just a rip at the AA types is all. The sober ones become like the born agains all too often, next they start trying to convert others.

But yeah, I hear ya on the moderation thing, and you are right there.

Back