Does anyone else have a soft spot for a 026

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have both as well as a 192T. My 200T and 192T have 14" composite light bars. The 260 has a 16" bar and from there I go to a 361 20" bar and 044 with a 25 " bar. All have found their way up a tree but it's nice to have a 260 to go to in medium wood on large removals and crane jobs instead of having to lug the 361 around up there. It is great in the tree. Great power to weight ratio.

Heli-loggers use MS 200t's to top 150' cedars,,,and they're on TV :monkey:

I'm just playin with ya though. Sounds like you know what's the right tool for you and even though I don't use it much on the ground, I like the feel of the 260 for smaller jobs.

(Amazing,,,no comments about the gf line, whats wrong with the late nite crowd? even AOD is mellow tonight)

I have a couple of 026s, a 260, and several other 50cc class saws. I thought my really nice, lightly used 026 sort of ho-hum compared to my Husky 353 and 346xp. The 026 that I just rebuilt is a little beast! It has a new Meteor piston, the squish closed to .020", and was tuned "in the wood". I also rebuilt the 260, and will rebuild the 024 when the piston arrives. I'm going to have to part with some of these saws soon, as I don't have the room or need for all of them.

i havent even ran my 026 yet but i already love it! it is very light compared to my 460 and according to this site they are good saws. if it lasts as long as my 310 ill be happy, although it should be like brand new with new crank bearings oem piston and newish 18" bar. we'll see when my piston from another member arrives this week:givebeer:

ewwwwwwwwwww i bet your 026 rins right there with the 310 in 20" and smaller wood.

timed mine is running the same speed as my 310 both wearing the same bar and chain in test cuts. both saws are muffler modded ive been very impressed with the 026. i was realy amazed it ran as fast as the 310 in the wood

i think modding the muffler realy wakes up the 026 and runs a step above its class. and may compare more easily to 346 with only muffler mod.

i bet the 346 could walk all over the 310

I have a couple of 026s, a 260, and several other 50cc class saws. I thought my really nice, lightly used 026 sort of ho-hum compared to my Husky 353 and 346xp. The 026 that I just rebuilt is a little beast! It has a new Meteor piston, the squish closed to .020", and was tuned "in the wood". I also rebuilt the 260, and will rebuild the 024 when the piston arrives. I'm going to have to part with some of these saws soon, as I don't have the room or need for all of them.

Stock for stock I think an 026/260 will outrun a 353. No contest the 346 is faster but having completely rebuilt and used the 353 and 026 I would bet the 026 is faster and torquier than the 353. I had a choice to keep the nearly new 353 I rebuilt, but kept my old 026 and gave the 353 to pops...

Rebuilt, overrated Husky... jk Husky fans.... Good saw but no 026....
3323863523_9ee1d0d092_b.jpg

Rather go into the woods with this one any day...
3285280358_824d448fc6_o.jpg

I love my 026, wouldn't trade it for the world. Mine was an ebay saw, and was full of sawdust. Got it cleaned up, and then wouldn't run. Took some tinkering, but finally got it running great. Now with a muffler mod, it is a little screamer. It is the first Stihl chainsaw I have owned, but I am convinced.

To add fuel to the fire, I use the scrench to remove my caps, but I have one of the handy rubber holders on my handle, so it is always at hand.

frist pro saw i ran love it. Now i want a bigger one. I also resuced it from the dump the guy was going to chuck it. Grabed her rebiut and use it all the time

Me to love the saw got a 18 inch on mine dose great. Pluse l love that it is a pro saw. The down side to all of this is all i want to run are pro saws. I find my self grabbing the 026 all the time

An 026 was my first saw and I love it. I can't count the times is has been used to rescue a friend or neighbor who got himself into trouble felling a tree himself with a Poulon. I will do anything to keep this saw running.

My 026 was given to me, it had been abused pretty bad and had not ran in years. With a new piston and rings it fired right up. I love that little saw, it ain't heavy, cuts 18" oak fast enough for me. Next, muffler mod, then I plan to try my hand at a little port work. When I figure out a bit more about port timing. Enough has already been said about the DAMN flippy caps, so I ain't goin there.

I own three saws: 2 woods modified 361's and a muffler modified 026. I run an 18" bar and 3/8" square chisel chain on the 026 and it out performs any 260 Pro I've ever had. I buy saws on ebay, fix them up and sell them all the time; but, have never been tempted to sell this particular late model 026 with the nice air filter, similar to the 260 series. I've learned over the years that not all saws of the same 'type' are equal; as this particular 026 is the best I've ever owned. We've been in the woods together for quite a few years now and the piston and rings still look great. I run high test gas and Mobil 2 Racing oil in all my saws. Tom

I own three saws: 2 woods modified 361's and a muffler modified 026. I run an 18" bar and 3/8" square chisel chain on the 026 and it out performs any 260 Pro I've ever had. I buy saws on ebay, fix them up and sell them all the time; but, have never been tempted to sell this particular late model 026 with the nice air filter, similar to the 260 series. I've learned over the years that not all saws of the same 'type' are equal; as this particular 026 is the best I've ever owned. We've been in the woods together for quite a few years now and the piston and rings still look great. I run high test gas and Mobil 2 Racing oil in all my saws. Tom

Same thing here....I've got 2 260's and a late model 026 and the 026 has much more gunt than the other 2.

Ok, I hate to admit it! I used to love to give the 026/260 heck. I owned a 260 pro didnt like it ,it was low on power. Traded it off for a 5100, I am a dolmar guy! But there was somthing I liked about that under power 260, it just felt nice. Well now I have another one a 026 and it feels just as nice. I dont like 50cc saws much anymore they just dont have the power for what I do. But there is one 50cc saw I will keep around and its the 026, I still think its under powered compared to most 50cc saws, but it feels better than any of them!
If I need a small saw and dont want a back ache the 026 is the one!

Latest posts

Back