Does anyone know?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fool skip

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Does anyone know a method of softening up old diaphragms? I have a couple old saws with hard diaphragms and replacements are not available. They don't have any rips or holes, just stiff. Thanks in advance.

I never had very much luck resurrecting old diaphragms, but there is a man who has obsolete carb. kits for sale. At least he did several years back. The name of his business is Sugar Creek Supply, his name is Joe Salva and his number is 816 686 6649. Hope this helps. Tom

This works often for me. I NEVER just start taking old dry carbs open to look inside UNTIL I've submerged and soaked the entire carb in straight gas with Seafoam mixed in the gas gasoline. Sometimes up to a month. Then upon disassembly if the diaphragm seems stuck back into the gas it goes. I've rejuvenated carbs that sit dry up to 15 years. Getting them wet inside starts the process. Sometimes I remove the H and L needle valve. Mark them with a bread Twisties or twine. Good luck.

Back