does echo cs490 have felling sights?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevin711

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Could not find any definitive answers and the pics of the saw are hard to see if it does or not. Did a search in here and could not find any previous threads about it either.

Could not find any definitive answers and the pics of the saw are hard to see if it does or not. Did a search in here and could not find any previous threads about it either.
All you need is a straight edge/square to make your own. Choice of paint or indelible marker.

Not a 490, but my echo cs-450 has a felling sight formed into the plastic, which I used once...and the tree did not go where I intended... I took a closer look after and the felling line is not 90 degrees to the bar! The felling line is also not filled in as a black line, its the same orange color as everything else. Anyway, after examining it, the HANDLE is infact 90 degrees to the bar and makes a good felling sight. Its like they put the felling line molded into it, because it looks cool/should be there yet it has no function. In their defense they did not mention felling sights on the saw in the manual....

So now that you are like ok thats nice we are talking about the 490....what I'm saying is, is even if it HAS felling sights, make sure they are actually 90 degrees to the bar!!!

I used a square and it lined up with the bar. I'm not advanced at felling trees so I dont think it will matter that much, but at least I'll be aiming with the right sight now.

Latest posts

Back