Does red oak clog your nose sprocket?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't remember what white oak smells like, but I have cut a lot of red oak that smelled like dog manure. I always wondered if something was wrong with my nose or if it smelled like that to other people.
Dan

I cut mostly Red Oak and the only time I get that kind of problem is if I let of the throttle before backing out of the cut. If you let off before you clean those last chips out of the way it sometimes clogs the bar up like that. Try running it wide open tell your ready to pull the bar out of the cut, might help. Most problems are operator related and not equipment related, at least in my case :eek:

danl said:
I don't remember what white oak smells like, but I have cut a lot of red oak that smelled like dog manure. I always wondered if something was wrong with my nose or if it smelled like that to other people.
Dan
Actually more like hog ****.When running it through a table saw[kiln dried] it make me sneeze and my eyes water,ugh.

Latest posts

Back