Does the 7900 mod well?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haywire Haywood

Fiscal Conservative Social Retard
Reaction score
How well does this saw mod? I'm got no use for one, (and someone is going to quote something I said a few months ago about not needing a big saw) but I've got that itch.

Ian

My modded one with rev-limiter runs well and has alot of grunt. Begeytree will be running it Monday, so he should be able to give some feedback, If nothing happens before I make the return trip.
Now I will be honest, a Husky 372 modded without the rev limiter by the right builder will smoke mine in the small wood timed cuts(been there done that). The 7900 shines in the big stuff. Dont even think about a modded 460 in this mix BB or not, it just takes back stage to the 372 modded and 7900 modded.
With the 460 you just pay more for less.:laugh:

Cut4fun said:
My modded one with rev-limiter runs well and has alot of grunt. Begeytree will be running it Monday, so he should be able to give some feedback, If nothing happens before I make the return trip.
Now I will be honest, a Husky 372 modded without the rev limiter by the right builder will smoke mine in the small wood timed cuts(been there done that). The 7900 shines in the big stuff. Dont even think about a modded 460 in this mix BB or not, it just takes back stage to the 372 modded and 7900 modded.
With the 460 you just pay more for less.:laugh:

Why is the rev limiter going to make any difference??? Surely you're not in the wood above 13k?? At least not for a working saw....

Back