Does this make me a wood 'ho?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve NW WI

Unwanted Riff Raff.
Reaction score
Got a call from a friend. Apparently the driveway for his new house was put in about 50' from where it was supposed to go by previous owner of the lot, and now county wants it moved.

Anywho, some trees got "Red X Syndrome" in the process, and I was tasked with making them go away.

Biggest tree was about 8" oak, and a bunch of 3-6" oak, maple, and ironwood. I worked them over a couple of nights after work, and got 2 loads about like this one:

attachment.php

All bucked up, kinda small pile!

attachment.php

All in all, lots of brush dragging, and not much wood to show for it. But in the spirit of full disclosure, the friend happens to be my future Bro-in-Law, and the lot gave me a couple cords of oak last winter, and it looks like the combination of oak wilt and construction damage will get a couple more this fall/winter.

Free wood is always a good thing...especially good when building good will with the future BiL.

If the amount of wood was more then you'd be a wood ho'. For this amount you're only a wood floozie...or at worst a wood tramp.

Keep up the good work.:cheers:

Free wood is always a good thing...especially good when building good will with the future BiL.

If the amount of wood was more then you'd be a wood ho'. For this amount you're only a wood floozie...or at worst a wood tramp.

Keep up the good work.:cheers:

Floozie. Yep, floozie. Good one BH.

Definetly not ho status yet.

Kevin

I currently get my firewood from a top secret location. It's all legal like, but I feel like a wood HO too, because I dislike these people but am very polite to them just to get AS MUCH FREAKIN' WOOD AS POSSIBLE! If that makes me a ho, well put my big toes into my ears @ a truckstop and call me agnus.

a mini-ho, lol

season's still early. with some serious cruising you could be a

back-ho

if you progress to begging for it over in the Maury Povich thread you become

a trac-ho

You are a ho and a junkie. You didn't get a full load but you needed a fix anyway, so you took what you could get and then went back for more. Don't be surprised if you develop some skin irritation. :hmm3grin2orange:

If you've got oak trees on your property, I personally wouldn't bring home any oak that died from oak wilt as much as I like bringing home oak.

When I have the chance to score free loads (even small) I take it...I always look at it as though this load could be the difference between getting through the winter with plenty of wood for heat or running low and having to scrounge in late winter early spring....you are a wood ho walk tall and proud!!!

:cheers:

Without any doubt whatsoever doing all that for so little wood makes you a complete "wood ho". And I'd have done it too!

If you've got oak trees on your property, I personally wouldn't bring home any oak that died from oak wilt as much as I like bringing home oak.

Not positive if it is actually oak wilt there, but it is less than 2 miles from home as the crow flies. If it's there and not here, it will be here soon enough. Until I started reading here last winter, I'd not heard of oak wilt, it never got the press of EAB or Dutch Elm disease.

EAB is confirmed in the Cities, about 40 miles SE (straight line) from here, guess that is also inevitable, but I have only a handful of ash on my property. DED has laid claim to many of my elms in the last 3-4 years, and kept the splitter quite busy. Why is it we dont have box elder borers and cottonwood disease???

For the rest of you, I now accept the fact that I am, indeed a wood ho, working on becoming a full blown wood prostitute!

the big plus here is that the guy dating your sister knows that you own a chainsaw and will think twice about pissing you or your sister off.....

Latest posts

Back