Dog spikes for old Poulan 361

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hangfirew8

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
After the crazy East Coast windstorms, I've been going through my broken chainsaw collection (everyone needs a hobby) and found the old 361 still runs great but is missing the bucking spikes. I don't know its history but I'm sure it was missing when I got it. Being a manual oiler the 361 is not a saw I'd like to use on a regular basis, but its ability to run after years in storage make it a perfect backup.

Since it is so old you can't just pull up a parts list and order online, I'm hoping someone here can point me to a source, find an old one, or point me to a new one that can be easily adapted. Also were the originals just one or a pair? Or maybe it was optional back then?

Here's the mounting data, and since I know you guys like pics, a picture. That's a new 3/8-050 Stihl chain I bought for it Monday with a yellow link, on an old 16" Canadian made bar (Windsor maybe?).

The mounting place is 9/32" thick, has two 1/4" holes that are 4" apart.

View attachment 244744

HF

Well I called (site sponsor) Chainsawr and while they don't have an original in stock, they're going to fix one up for me for a very reasonable price. I also got another part while I had them on the phone.

The very helpful guy on the line said the original spikes were optional, and kind of rare. This is what I suspected, since the mount holes looked unmolested.

HF

Latest posts

Back