Dolly

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great tool, I adapted a couple carpet trolleys and dollys into something very simular one way or another. Im onto version 7.

Did you start with a carpet trolley originally?

Thanks.
To be honest no, I'd never even seen a carpet trolley before....the shape just seemed really obvious for the applications as shown in the video. Knocked that first one together in a day back home. Had to endure several folks on another forum yelling 'glorified carpet trolley' etc, and that they could easily make one themselves....funny how they never thought or did previously. We've had lots of satisfied customers send photos etc so it seems to have been worth the time and investment. View attachment 201932

I'd think they'll be one at Stein USA - at TCI expo if anyone whos attending is passing by the booth.

Thanks.
To be honest no, I'd never even seen a carpet trolley before....the shape just seemed really obvious for the applications as shown in the video. Knocked that first one together in a day back home. Had to endure several folks on another forum yelling 'glorified carpet trolley' etc, and that they could easily make one themselves....funny how they never thought or did previously. We've had lots of satisfied customers send photos etc so it seems to have been worth the time and investment. View attachment 201932

I'd think they'll be one at Stein USA - at TCI expo if anyone whos attending is passing by the booth.

I just came across old threads elsewhere, if you had seen one before you would see where others would think carpet trolley! And its no insult, everything is influenced by something else. The problem where we work is we seldom have access enough even for trolleys due to stairs. Im actually working on one thats powered that will climb them. (well I hope)

PM sent

Reg, great idea, and you got the gift of ideas.

I did the math, and in this state I'd be saving $1,500 a week with a bare bones crew and two dollies. Two of those pay for themselves in the first 1/2 week with them.

I don't mean to be a puss pocket, but how to pick up two in CA?

The arbor trolley looks like an awesome tool to have on the truck. I hate doing tree work where I can't get the bobcat to the tree, but that trolley cart would be the next best thing I believe. Sort of.

Kind of like a handgun. Use the cart to fight your way to the bobcat. lol

Back