Dolmar 120si problem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mingara

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Helllo all

I have a problem with my Dolmar 120si. It starts okay and cuts fine but it idles too fast. I am not sure what to look at to try and fix it. Could it be that the choke is not turning off or something else is stuck?

Any advice welcome

Mingara

1) L Mixture screw - try adjusting it counter clockwise a fraction (richer)
2) LA adjustment (not sure how this works on the 120, but it just mechanically opens the throttle plate a little. Turn it counter clockwise a fraction.
3) Throttle plate not closing properly - disconnect the throttle and see if it works.
4) You might have an air leak in the crankcase or carb manifold.

What Lakeside said. There is no choke on the 120si-the "choke" is a looped throttlebody fuel injector-If it sticks it would foul things up running way too rich but that isn't a common problem. The 120si is an amazing saw in its performance.

Hello Lakeside53 and Stumper

Appreciate your help

I will give those ideas a try this weekend and see if it makes any difference. I'll let you know how it works out.

Thanks

Mingara

Gentlemen

I was just about to take a screwdriver to my chainsaw last weekend and do what was suggested earlier when I had a thought. I am running this saw on a oil mix of 50:1 fuel oil ratio. It should be running on 40:1 instead. I thought I would run this past you to see if this could be the cause or at least contribute to the very fast idle. Am I doing harm to my saw by doing this as my other machinery runs on the same ratio and I thought there is not much difference between the two, taking into consideration new oils these days. Anyway if I could recieve your views I would be grateful.

Cheers

Mingara

Back