Dolmar 4life

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sethro

Heathen
Reaction score
Last nite on site drinkin Miller lite. Met a fella about a saw(9000). It's a little ruff(cosmetic) but runs great. Bar stool business, I like it. Seth

The 9000 is in fact a 90cc saw. I hear of the occasonal 166 hear and there, but the big problem with a 166 is the lack of parts availability. They were dicontinued in 1984 and parts like cranks and cylinders and piston are obsolete.

Terry

got your self a good runner there nelson. i like the sachs,sachs-dolmar and makitas. got two 120si,a 153 and just picked up a 6800 for a real great price. the 120's and 6800 for compitetion and the 153 for the 38 inch bar. good stuff. marty

I remember seeing some 153's in competition before and they were big units capable of high RPM.

Terry

I use Sach Dolmar for my firewood saws. My 114 is in really nice shape for an older saw. It has a new carb and new quieter muffler. I know there is a lot of talk about modifying mufflers on this site, but sometimes it's nice to run a quiet saw. If I want to make some noise, I just get out a McC. My 116si is alot hotter than the 114. It's a little brother to the 120si (60cc/70cc). It pulls an 18" bar without a sweat. My Dad has a 120 super. Nice saw, really blasts through the wood.

I have several boxes of 133 and 166 parts brand new sitting in my tickle trunk if anyone needs them. We used to sell alot of those 166's and I may have one kicking around somewhere....

*off to look on my roof*

Back