Dolmar 5100S on the way

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mikey von

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Well, I ponied up the dough and ordered my first saw. I have a dolmar 5100s and all necessary PPE on the way from an unspecified dealer (they asked to be unspecified). I got a price that was very close to what I listed in my first post. I look forward to trying it out and not have to worry about break a saw that I do not own. Now I just need a trailer!!!

I actually do own a saw, a Stilh 066 (not positive) that was ran over by my buddies truck. That is a project I will start when I actually have a few hours to do something besides work, get firewood, build a house, get my new computer working right, keep the 20+ yera old truck running, be a good husband, and raise my boy.

I am sure I will have a ton of questions coming up. This is a great site and I look forward to spending some time on here.

michael

Mikey von said:
Well, I ponied up the dough and ordered my first saw. I have a dolmar 5100s and all necessary PPE on the way from an unspecified dealer (they asked to be unspecified). I got a price that was very close to what I listed in my first post. I look forward to trying it out and not have to worry about break a saw that I do not own. Now I just need a trailer!!!

I actually do own a saw, a Stilh 066 (not positive) that was ran over by my buddies truck. That is a project I will start when I actually have a few hours to do something besides work, get firewood, build a house, get my new computer working right, keep the 20+ yera old truck running, be a good husband, and raise my boy.

I am sure I will have a ton of questions coming up. This is a great site and I look forward to spending some time on here.

michael

Good on you for acquiring the PPE. It appears that you have a full plate of life and it would suck if you removed a chunk of yourself for lack of PPE.

Oh yeah, Keep us updated on how you like the 5100s.

:clap: :clap: on the 5100s.

Only problem I see is it's gonna be tough to justify a 60cc saw now...no 361 in your future :cry:...those 5100's seem to cover a LOT of cutting for thier size.

Chaser

Might be hard to justify the 361, but the 7900 would be good next step. :hmm3grin2orange:

I just got my 5100 and have not had time to really run it, hopefully this weekend. Welcome to the club.:cheers:

Hope you get to try it out soon.

Jim

Congrats, You just purchased the best saw in the 40-65cc class.
Enjoy it, They are a pleasure to use!
I love mine.
Ralph

Back