Dolmar 5105 - 5100 muffler question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kel71

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I just picked up what was said to be a NonCat muffler from a 5100 that was said to be a
direct bolt on for the 5105.
Center pic will this little deflector direct all the exhaust out in the direction of the two red
arrows (bottom pic) ? Will cool air be pulled in the direction of the green arrows? Any
exhaust flow out the green arrow would be a bad thing.
Should I just decat the 5105 muffler?

Attachments

• 5105m7.jpg
    5105m7.jpg
    478 KB · Views: 19
I wondered the same thing, but no melting occurs. I believe the air flow from the flywheel through the case pushes the gasses forward. Your saw will be much cooler and happier with the lighter, silver colored muffler.

I have never even seen a 5105 but the opening on the rear of the exhaust deflector provides cold weather carburetor heat on the 5100.
You do have to reposition a door opening inside the top cover for cold weather operation.

I have never even seen a 5105 but the opening on the rear of the exhaust deflector provides cold weather carburetor heat on the 5100.
You do have to reposition a door opening inside the top cover for cold weather operation.
What he said.

Back