Dolmar 7900 Big Bore Kit Review

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you get some time on this PS 7900 big bore guy, would you be to kind enough to compare it a little bit to a 064?

Thanks

Stihl026
DCS540

NIB DCS6401 .......

Today was the first time anyone else got to run this 7900BB. My BIL were out for a little saw testing today. We started with the 064 I just rebuilt. We were both really impressed with it. Very strong saw. Then I got out the Makita. He was even more impressed with it. The 064 did have a 24" bar where as the 7900BB only had a 20" bar. But still, he was impressed with the power, speed, and smoothness in the cut. Just thought I'd pass along the first outside opinion.
How big was the wood you were cutting?

85cc for $680.00 not bad

Pretty cheap if it is a reliable mod. You can have a light 85cc saw for $680.00 – shipping if you get it from Bailey"s. Now that’s bang for the buck!

Thanks for your efforts and time blsnelling!

Availability

OK Bailey's count me in....... when are they gonna be available?
Oh and when I get one who wants to port it for me?

So will it be completely bolt on kit? or will it have to be customized somewhat to fit a 6401? If it is bolt on, count me in too. So how long before it is listed for sale?

OK Bailey's count me in....... when are they gonna be available?
Oh and when I get one who wants to port it for me?
Howdy,
At this time we can only take back orders for future shipment. If you look at the thread from the beginning , you'll see Brad had to narrow the skirts on the pistons. So far, I think this is the only issue with bringing them to market. It will take 6-8 weeks to have them on the shelf once we give the OK. Once again this is considering that the piston is the only change. I also have a 2mm thick gasket in the works, so this kit will also fit the Solo 665, 675, and 681.
Gregg

Back