Dolmar 7900 jugs, pistons?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FourMoCajuns

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Where can someone find 7900 jugs and pistons? I am looking at a Home Depot rental saw and if the price is right I will convert it to the 7900. I already have a great 60cc saw so this one needs to go bigger.
But alas I am counting my chickens before they hatch.:(

Not sure without checking, but the 6400 may use a different carb than the 7900. And a carb for the 7900 is around $100, which might put your rebuild past the point of making sense.

I'd love to make a deal. Just need some buyers and we'll see how low we can go, STOP, STOP, I'll probably make some DEALER mad on here :laugh: :laugh: , Shucks who cares? I Love to make deals.

PS 7900 piston and cylinder and base gasket

038 130 030 piston assy., cylinder, and intake boot. $191.00
965 531 121 base gasket. $2.00

for those that are interested I will throw in UPS shipping for the month of October.

Scott

I love my 7900. I had it burried in some seasoned walnut with a 20" bar, no slowing it down. It seems to outcut my 385. I need to run them side by side one of these days.

I run my 5100 and my 7900 90% of the time. I pull out the 9010 when I want to run a 24" or larger bar, but I think the 7900 would be very comfortable with a 24" bar. I usually take all three and the 7900 lives with a 20" bar and the 9010 with a 24" bar.

I may pick up a HD unit and order the piston and jug and have a little fun modding it.

Jim

FourMoCajuns said:
BTT
What do you think Freak? DO you like your 7900?:greenchainsaw:

Sorry I missed this post. This was when I was out of town for work.

I love mine.

The 5100 and 7900 are the two saws I would keep if I could only have two saws.

Is that enough of an answer for you? lol.

And BTW, the one 6401 that I made into a 7900 had the same carb as my new 7900.

Just be carefull on the home depot blue Dolmars. There are a lot of junk saw floating around out there. I bought a couple that needed major work. It isn't cost effective if you have to do many repairs other than the factory big bore upgrade.

Thanks guys.
My local HD guy will throw in a few chains, a new bar , and a set of chaps and helmet! I don't know if I will convert this one to a 7900 right away..... hell I ain't even got it yet, gotta wait for corporate to say sell it.

TopJimmy said:
I love my 7900. I had it burried in some seasoned walnut with a 20" bar, no slowing it down. It seems to outcut my 385. I need to run them side by side one of these days.

I run my 5100 and my 7900 90% of the time. I pull out the 9010 when I want to run a 24" or larger bar, but I think the 7900 would be very comfortable with a 24" bar. I usually take all three and the 7900 lives with a 20" bar and the 9010 with a 24" bar.

I may pick up a HD unit and order the piston and jug and have a little fun modding it.

Jim

Someone dulled my 32 inch 7900 chain so i threw on a 36 incher, .404 pitch. This is a woods modded saw by Danny Henry. It handles the length just fine, though we were cutting lomardy poplar.

Back