dolmar 7900 owners......

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you tried them both out? Do you have a good dealer out there near Thompson? I don't know people out there. You are welcome to try out my 7900 if you are near the Hartford area anytime... I love the saw, runs like a champ, plenty of power, and finally the bars and chains are cheap much like the 372. Of course, I say buy them both...

Jason

The price on the Dolmar is about $300.00 less. Does that help you out on the decision.

dolmar parts hard to find,or easily found but hard to get shipped out? i thought that was an issue at my last employer.

my old employer loved them, after someone ran over the only 372xp they decided to go dolmar.

2, 7900's

2 5100's

the 7900 had power, but i didnt find it that breath taking. Has a great look though :)

The older of the 2 5100's got some kind of odd problem with it right before i left.

The fuel kept draining into the cylinder flooding the engine, making a no start condition. But probably just some fluke problem.

We had 1 chainsaw at the shop for over 2 weeks waiting for parts when they bought the chainsaws it was supposedly "easy" to get parts for the saws.

Last edited:
i have a Dolmar 7900, and its a runnin son of a gun. But I also hear the 372 is a damn good saw. Buy what makes you happy, you cant go wrong either way!

amricks or whatever its called has the dolmar for 670 i think. i havent been to a dolmar dealer yet. im gonna call around tomorrow for prices for both saws. i would imagine either one would last me a lifetime as i only cut firewood for myself.

whats dolmars warranty? there website has lots to be desired.

like they said, dealer makes a bid difference.

my dealer, in Lakefork Idaho, is a frigging god.

heady's power sports, 208-6340=-5550. orders parts reliably, gives me great advice.

i have a pair of 7900's. love them both.

so, great saws, great dealer.\

a shame my dealer can't sell you saws.

hahahahhahhaahha!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well i just went to the dealer locator, theres a bunch of em near me. ill give them a call. ill gather prices for both saws and take it from there. the rep of the 372 just might over take the 1hp loss over the 7900 but we will see.

A 7900 is 545.00 out the door with bar and chain. Been tryng to tell people here for awhile now but nobody want to listen. Just PM for the #.

A 1 hp loss is a lot to give up when your talking about only 6 or 7 to start with. I have ran a 7900 cutting a lot of fire wood for over a year now with zero problems. Everytime i run that saw it puts a smile on your face. I find myself running the lighter limbing saws a lot less.:chainsawguy:

545 out the door????

It was a bit more than that when I called.

Last edited:
The price on the Dolmar is about $300.00 less. Does that help you out on the decision.

I dont know about 300 less. I am in ohio as well and a 7900 goes for $679 and I purchased a 372 for $749. As far as performance the 372 cuts as well as any as I have ever ran and is reliable as all get out.

If someone can get me a 7900 for $545 out the door please hook me up! My dealer got me the 5100 for 350 and I thought that was great, and then he quoted me $679 for the 7900 and I figured that was pretty good as well.

Latest posts

Back