Dolmar 7900 $ ??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of the sawshops where my brother lives sold him a 7900 PH for 615. They get them in one day.

That's an amazing price and I would buy one in a heartbeat for that.

OK, so I found a new 7900 with a 24" B/C for $663... It has been on a shelf for about 1-2 years and I know the guy wants it gone. Never had gas in it.

Is that a decent price? From what I am reading here it seems to be.
I don't think you can go wrong at that price, there's not a new saw on the market now in that class that can touch it for the $$$.

Go get her! :cheers:

I wish someone would at least tell what they have paid for a 7900 or a 6400... I am going to call a dealer tomorrow on a 7900 and I do not want to over pay if I can order one from a site sponsor and save some real money...

A couple of months ago I stopped at a Dolmar dealer in East Beloit, Illinois.
A 7900 went for $750, any size bar.

Mark

Steve here...
Bought mine around 1 1/2 to 2 years ago on line... That being said I remember paying around $560ish to the door.. Local dealer back then was in the $600plus range
Steve

New guy here... was quoted at $750 without a bar or chain on a 7900....

Think I am going to mailorder one.

I just ordered one from a US dealer with 20"B&C for $639 to Australia. Got an extra 20" bar ($35), couple of sprockets($6ea), 5 extra chains ($15 ea), and cost me $150 postage to Australia. I can PM you the guys name if you want as I don't want to get him in trouble for selling online as it wasn't an option on his website and I emailed him to ask if he would post one.
Even with the weaker dollar the saw and extras cost me nearly half of what it would buying it in Oz (if you can find a dealer that is). Saw should arrive mid next week.
Next choice was a 372XP but that was an extra $200 odd.

Last edited:
I just ordered one from a US dealer with 20"B&C for $639 to Australia. Got an extra 20" bar ($35), couple of sprockets($6ea), 5 extra chains ($15 ea), and cost me $150 postage to Australia. I can PM you the guys name if you want as I don't want to get him in trouble for selling online as it wasn't an option on his website and I emailed him to ask if he would post one.
Even with the weaker dollar the saw and extras cost me nearly half of what it would buying it in Oz (if you can find a dealer that is). Saw should arrive mid next week.
Thats a good price.

Faark.
That's bloody good. :jawdrop:

I know how much they are here, I have a dealer 100km away who has the whole range on the shelf. I buy my spares off him.

(edit) Woops, you're quoting US$ there, aren't you. I took it as Oz$ and nearly flipped

7900$$$??

Fullchisel, $608.00 plus tax. Where?????:clap: Any contact info. would be appreciated. PM me if needed. THX

Faark.
That's bloody good. :jawdrop:

I know how much they are here, I have a dealer 100km away who has the whole range on the shelf. I buy my spares off him.

(edit) Woops, you're quoting US$ there, aren't you. I took it as Oz$ and nearly flipped

About 3 months ago our dollar was near matching your dollar (0.98c)but now we're at about 0.83c
If I'd have bought one then I'd have saved over a hundred bucks :(

About 3 months ago our dollar was near matching your dollar (0.98c)but now we're at about 0.83c
If I'd have bought one then I'd have saved over a hundred bucks :(

mate, I'm where you are.
I bought a 64cc blue version a few months back, and was a little slow and should've ordered the 79cc upgrade kit from Amicks :cry:

Back