Dolmar 7910 Carb adjustment tool for H

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmerdoug

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I am on the west coast, so Dolmar dealers are limited. I have a tachometer for monitoring this new saw I just received. Before I start using it I want to make sure this saw is tuned properly.

The H screw requires a special tool. Can anyone help me identify the tool I need to get for this saw? Thanks!

Hm, As I recall my Dolmars came with a tool kit which had a small, flathead screwdriver in the pouch. That was for the carb adjustment screws. Of course, I lost all three of them somehow, so I ground down a small screwdriver to fit in the holes on the side of the saw. As I recall, there's not much adjustment on that screw, but a little goes a long way sometimes.

A screwdriver with a long, narrow end seems to be easiest to use, IMHO.

I'm just guessing here, but my Dolmar 421 requires a "double D" screwdriver, maybe that's what you need. They're available on Amazon. I think I got a kit of 4 special carb screwdrivers for about $15. My 7900 requires only a regular small flathead screwdriver.

I am on the west coast, so Dolmar dealers are limited. I have a tachometer for monitoring this new saw I just received. Before I start using it I want to make sure this saw is tuned properly.

The H screw requires a special tool. Can anyone help me identify the tool I need to get for this saw? Thanks!
Try a double D carb tool...find them cheap on flea bay or amazon

Back