Dolmar 9010 Throttle Cable?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JStrunk

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hmm - having a hard time with this throttle cable. Somehow it came completely off the trigger in the handle during a fuel line replacement. I can't tell from a parts diagram how the loop end is attached in the handle. The only thing I can guess is that the long spring goes inside the loop and the cable loop sits in the bend in the middle of the spring. If that's the case though I don't know how it came off and I don't know how to get it to stay in the bend....Can anyone lead me in the right direction? Thanks!

I don't know but I have a newer Homelite saw that I'm considering changing from a cable to a rod if it's possible. I probably won't get back to it for a while but last time I used it I couldn't get it to idle no matter how I adjusted it. Turned out that the cable seemed to be about 1/8" too short. What's complicating the matter is it's an anti-vibe saw and I'm not sure changing it to a rod would work with all the movement in the handle.

Hmm - having a hard time with this throttle cable. Somehow it came completely off the trigger in the handle during a fuel line replacement. I can't tell from a parts diagram how the loop end is attached in the handle. The only thing I can guess is that the long spring goes inside the loop and the cable loop sits in the bend in the middle of the spring. If that's the case though I don't know how it came off and I don't know how to get it to stay in the bend....Can anyone lead me in the right direction? Thanks!

I don't think the cable will attach to that spring.
There should be some place on the trigger that it hooks.
Is it a pull (should be) or push cable???

Mike

Ahh that makes a lot more sense. I don't know how the thing came off though. I hadn't ever taken that pin out. Oh well. I will put it together now and go :chainsawguy:. Thanks everyone.

Jordan

Back