Dolmar heavy-duty filter kit PS-7900

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nnero

nnero

ArboristSite Guru
I don't remember what an air filter is after getting used to the 6100. It's dangerous lol. Idk what I'll do with 7900 yet. Since I have the shiny cyl cover it would match nice. Too bad I'm getting married in 3 weeks. No extra cash lol

nstueve

nstueve

Makita Freak!
Good info right there, thanks Nathan
No problem...

Also you might like the idea of adding some 100% pure silicone to the edges of the air intake boot edges to seal it up better... Just a hint from a hack...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nstueve

nstueve

Makita Freak!
Here is my $0.02. Personally I think it hurts performance slightly. Going from the standard filter to the hd kit every saw I have installed them on needed leaned out just a bit.

Throw that pre filter away. The fines slip past it and into the paper filter pleats.....then the pre filter holds them there effectively plugging the filter pretty quickly.

The poor glue issue was resolved long ago and any kit you buy today won't have that issue.

On to the color issue since I was just asked about this today. Hd filter comes with the shiny black cover.
7900 red cylinder cover is nla
Shiny black cover only fits saws with left side decomp.
Matt black cover has the right side decomp.

What that means is if you have a 7910 the cylinder cover will be flat black and the air filter cover will be shiny black
Unless you were smart enough like some makita idiot to order 5-6 of the shinny 7900 cylinder covers before the 7910's were released... [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sevensandeights

sevensandeights

ArboristSite Operative
Digging up an old thread but I have a Makita 6421 with an OEM 7900 P&C on it with left side decomp valve (same side as pull start). Saw is orange and top covers are matte black. Cover was modified for left side decomp (it has factory hole on right side). What HD air filter kit do I need. Would prefer matte black as long as it fits.