Dolmar ps-401 - loving it!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bikesandcars

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Man, I love this little saw.

I've had it for a few years and haven't been nice to it, hardly used it.

Due to circumstances I took it over to a friends house to fall / buck some smaller trees and was surprisingly very happy with it.

Since that got me interested, I just finished a long overdue muffler mod, which thanks to Dolmar's smart engineering took about 10 minutes. Now it's working even better.

What a light fun little saw. Not a ripper, but very light and easy to use. Easy to tune. with a sharp chain it cuts nice.

Anyone else like this under-appreciated and behind the scenes little saw?

Is there anything comparable in the new stuff?

I've always liked different stuff than the mainstream. Nothing against Stihl or husky or any of the other great saws but Dolmars work great for me.

PS-3410 TH
PS-401
PS-5105 (not shown): with a muffler mod, 18" bar, .325 chain it cuts nice.
Dolkita 8400 (Makita 6400 with 84CC big bore kit and air filter mod). Full wrap handle (love that on the bigger saw)

PS-3410 is definitely angrier and seems to rev higher than the ps-401, not sure which one cuts faster though, it's close. I prefer back handle saws when out of a tree, so I rarely use the 3410, and not at all since getting an Echo 2511T (way lighter, though not as snappy). Though I will admit to using the 2511T for branch removals / trimming.

984c3127bd6b9f8d76e5adf6223f1308.jpg

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Back