Dolmar PS-6400/7300/7900 successor -- any known?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kcg

Reaction score
Hello,
I'm considering purchasing Dolmar PS-7900, but I'm curious if Dolmar is not going to update the line in a year or so. At least the line is more older that PS-5000/4600 which already received updates in 5105/4605 line. I'm asking since I'm hobby cutter (just for fire wood) and so I buy chainsaw for more than two-three years in case of professional usage and so I would rather wait year to get updated line. Have you heart about any information leak in this case?
Thanks!
Karel

100cc package would be awesome.

Built like the 7900, in that they found a way to build a nearly 80cc saw in a light, small package.

If they can attain that small package engineering with a 100cc motor, that wood be stout.

And I don't mind plastic clutch covers:):biggrinbounce2::rockn::fart::givebeer:

Just bought one today, lightly used with one 20" bar and chain and a 24" bar with 4 chains. $470.00 USD. All the chains have been used no more than once. Runs like a top! Guy got hurt and was getting out of the business. Good luck in your search.

Someone said that sooner or later it is going to get a cat muffler. The 5105 is not an "update" per say as much as an emissions compliance change. The idea of a cat on a saw as big as a 7900 is not comforting. There is no strato in the works, or at least not immediately. Get the 7900 before it gets a cat muffler for sure.

The 7900 is so "just right" that I'd get the current model rather than look for an update. Truth is, the 7900 is going to be an awfully tough act for Dolmar to follow. Especially with emmisions crap to deal with. Get 'em while you can.

Someone said that sooner or later it is going to get a cat muffler. The 5105 is not an "update" per say as much as an emissions compliance change. The idea of a cat on a saw as big as a 7900 is not comforting. There is no strato in the works, or at least not immediately. Get the 7900 before it gets a cat muffler for sure.

:agree2:

The 7900 is so "just right" that I'd get the current model rather than look for an update. Truth is, the 7900 is going to be an awfully tough act for Dolmar to follow. Especially with emmisions crap to deal with. Get 'em while you can.

:agree2:

Dolmar 7900 The Baron of saws

Recently purchased a Dolmar 7900 new with 24" bar for under 600 bucks. I like it better than the Stihl 441. It runs like a banshee and goes through seasoned oak like ship through a tin horn! Great saw from Germany. I name it the Baron of saws!:greenchainsaw:

Recently purchased a Dolmar 7900 new with 24" bar for under 600 bucks. I like it better than the Stihl 441. It runs like a banshee and goes through seasoned oak like ship through a tin horn! Great saw from Germany. I name it the Baron of saws!:greenchainsaw:

The models only real problem by now is that it is a Dolmar, as far as I know......

Last edited:
Back