Dolmar Ps5100 Question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

powerlifter

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Just Bought Dolmar Ps5100 Saw. It's Awesome. One Question- Manual Shows With Decompression Valve, However,mine Doesn't Have One?

It's an option that none of us (at least I think) have seen on the saw. IMO you don't need it. You got yourself a great saw! Enjoy it, and welcome to the site!

Josh

powerlifter said:
Just Bought Dolmar Ps5100 Saw. It's Awesome. One Question- Manual Shows With Decompression Valve, However,mine Doesn't Have One?

Awesome it is. For a 3 cube saw that little saw is right down mean and orenry. I likes it...

SawTroll said:
The European version (PS5000) has decomp valve as an option, but oddly not the PS5100S.

Has to do with EPA requirements. At least that's what I read from one of the Dolmar dealers here before. Something about saws with decomps take more epa credits or something....there are rumors that the replacement cylinders are drilled and tapped for the decomp.

If you are having trouble starting it, go to your local STIHL dealer and buy an Elasto-start handle. it uses rubber in the handle to soften the initial blow/shock when pulling it over. I have one on mine to ease the wear on the starting components.

There is no Decompression valve on the PS460-PS510-PS5100s series of saws sold in North America. It is something we have been asking for the past year.

Steve

Any man that needs a decomp button on the 5100s there's something wrong with him. Better yet, only 5100s models with the decomp button comes with the Stihl EZ Start.

No decompression.

I just got a 5100S, it's real easy to start. I just used a friends Stihl 250 this weekend, it was easy to start also. Based on these two saws, one 45cc, the other 50cc, I don't think a decompression valve is necessary for these sized saws.

Freakingstang said:
....there are rumors that the replacement cylinders are drilled and tapped for the decomp......
They were in the last IPL i looked into - originally intended for the PS5000, but the .1 kW difference between 5000 and 5100 is reportedly not in the P&C.

Latest posts

Back