Lombard Comanco

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dader

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking for original style vent valve or substitute for subj. saw. The manual doesn't show such a beast and a search on the net was futile.Anyone have any info as to where i can acquire one that will do the job?

OK. I'm thinking that you're looking for the "duckbill" fuel vent in the fuel cap.
I have the same saw in my shop and I'll check and see what is needed and if a Homelite part can be used as a replacement.

Were in the midst of an ice storm locally and I've been distracted as a result.
We should be in the melting phase in the next 36 hours and I'll be able get into my shop and figure things out.
I'll be in Nova Scotia in May for several days. Any thoughts and suggestions about places on Cape Breton Island you would like to share?

The fuel cap on my Lombard Super Comango doesn't have a duck bill fuel vent, but it should have left the factory with one.
I couldn't find a Homelite or McCullough fuel caps which had thread matching the Lombard saw.
One could 3D print a cap insert to hold the duckbill if you're looking for a "Plan B".

RE:places to visit in Cape Briton. John I'm a transplant to Nova Scotia . I did the "Cabot Trail" a few years back and it was well worth the drive but i did it during the Summer and the weather was good and the scenery was beautiful. not sure about May month though especially this year with all the recent heavy duty snow storms. Enjoy your trip to the East Coast and thanks for your thoughts on the the Lombard.

Cabot trail, Margaree Valley and Fortress Louisburg is worth the time seeing, plenty of other smaller spots depending on ones interests are, I used to stop in to Rita`s tea house in BigPond but it has sold after her passing,knew her family. Some like to drop in to Marble Mountain if interested in geology, awsome hiking trail between Meat Cove and Red Bay if covering difficult terrain is your thing. Alexander Graham Bell museum in Baddeck if interested in history, great inventor he was. Beinn Bhreagh , link below, I would also check in to the Visitor information center found just after crossing the causeway to the island.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beinn_Bhreagh

Back