dolmar7900

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kf_tree said:
my complaint about dolmar is they still seem unorganized, i pmed the dolmar tech guy that post's here my zip code to find the closest dealer. he sent me back a phone# when i called the dealer he said he only had husky's.:laugh: :laugh:

so one day this week i'm going to drive 150 miles to pick up a 5100.
is it the greenwichNY dealer your going to?

Truthfully bwalker is the only one I remember ever posting problems on the oiler for the PS-6400/7300/7900. We did experience some issues where there was a bar problem from Windsor and the oil hole did not line up properly and hole was leaking from that point. We are now using a new rubber makeup that is more resistant to shirkage. This material is being used for other components to improve the tool. Dolmar as a whole will look at any issue even if it is a single complaint we look at the issue. We are striving to build the best product possible and offer end-users the best as well as give dealer the confidencet that the Dolmar they sell will be stood behind by the manufacturer.

Dolmar_Tech_Mgr said:
Truthfully bwalker is the only one I remember ever posting problems on the oiler for the PS-6400/7300/7900. We did experience some issues where there was a bar problem from Windsor and the oil hole did not line up properly and hole was leaking from that point. We are now using a new rubber makeup that is more resistant to shirkage. This material is being used for other components to improve the tool. Dolmar as a whole will look at any issue even if it is a single complaint we look at the issue. We are striving to build the best product possible and offer end-users the best as well as give dealer the confidencet that the Dolmar they sell will be stood behind by the manufacturer.

I have been hanging out at a Dolmar dealer hear close to me.
He has well over 100 7900 out now and has yet to have one come back with any kind of oiler problem. actually he has had no complaints at all with any of the Dolmar line up. You guys are doing a bang up job keep up the good work.
All Dolmar needs IMO is some marketing to be rite at the top.

Thank you.
I agree with you on our "Marketing" when we began the relationship with IDN we have been doing additional trade magazine advertising - inside back cover of Power Equipment Trade. We also have decided to go back to attend the Louisville Expo for Power Equipment. The show in October 05 was fantastic for us. We will be at ARA in a couple of weeks. It is a difficult situation, advertise with limited dealers and get nothing for your money, so we are building our dealerbase with the assistance of the IDN group and their extensive salesforce so that the dealers are there when someone comes looking. It will not happen tonite but in the short time IDN has been the distributor for Dolmar for the USA and Canada the growth is showing in our sales figures. We all have to crawl before we walk and we have the products, the distribution network, we are getting new dealers every day and with all this the marketing will come.

Ben all the lines are being improved for cold weather shrinkage issues I had many fuel lines on the early models crack when using below 0 far. May I ask if your wally world B&C oil os recycled or virgin stock?

Scott

May I ask if your wally world B&C oil os recycled or virgin stock?
Its virgin and last time I looked it was made by the same company(Spectrum) that makes Huskys oil.
From a business standpoint it might be smart just to admit there was a problem and rectifying it. What you guys are doing is denying there is a problem or in Scott's case insinuating bar oil caused the problem. As a consumer I find this deplorable. I was upset when my nearly new saw started to leak oil like a seive, but I got over it once it was fixed. However, I will not forget this attitude protrayed by you guys in this thread.
The bottom line is that the design is half azzed. The hose should be physicly attached to the pump and it isnt.

Last edited:
I have a 372xp and a 7900. The 372 was my favorite saw until the 7900. The 7900 is more powerful and about the same weight as the 372 and much smoother. 0 problems. What's not to like?

I have a 6401 which I bought from Home Depot rentals for $200 a year ago. Great running saw - full compression.

Its my understanding the oilers are identical to the 7900 (and 7300). When I first used it whatever oil (summer bar oil) was left in the tank would totally leak out before I used it again a few weeks later. It was coming out the bottom, not the bar hole. Wasn't aware of Ben's problem at that time however my feeling was that it was leaking around the pump somewhere. I had to emtying the oil tank after use to avoid the mess. I don't have the tool to knock the clutch off so I didn't disassemble to investigate further.

Fortunately it stopped leaking for the most part. I no longer need to empty the oil tank anyway. After seeing Ben's posts last year I am pretty sure that was where the problem was at on my saw as well.

Dolmar Tech Manager: IS there a part number for the clutch removal tool? I'd rather buy than go to HF and cut up a cheap chineese socket. Perhaps in the future you could use a 19mm built in clutch nut like Husky?

Just remembered you have the inboard clutch - hence no space for a nut.

Last edited:
Found a 7900 in rough shape. Dusty, dirty, oily, bent bar, compression feels okay, broken AV mount...starts third pull off the store shelf.

Asking price is $250... what's that in $/hp?!

Used to have 4 Stihls and 2 Huskys and sold them all! I've owned a 7900 for 3 three years with no leaky oiler or other problems. And bought another new 7900 week ago or so.Seth

Latest posts

Back