Dolmar's can't do professional logging

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ChoppyChoppy

ChoppyChoppy

Tree Freak
Golly! That must have been a bit of work. My math figures that to be easily 500 cords of logs. That's about what I do in a year.

It is true. Dolmar saws simply can't take the abuse (sarcasm).

I felled and delimbed 2600 trees in Sept./Oct. this year at 9200 feet above sea level with a bone-stock 6400. I have no complaints about the saw whatsoever.

Conquistador3

Conquistador3

Le Comte de Frou Frou
Dolmar saws are not particularly widespread here because the sales/service network is even worse than Husqvarna's, but the few professionals using them are extremely happy with their products, especially the 7310 and the 9010. The best thing about them is the great value for money: a 7310 will set you back at around 850€. A 9010 can be easily had for under a grand in Germany. Try finding a Stihl or a Husqvarna in the same category with that price tag.

Honestly I wouldn't worry too much about the Makita connection: Dolmar was bought by the Japanese 25 years ago, not yesterday.
Here all Dolmar products (including the larger saws) are also available as Makita: the only difference is the color and the name on them. For example the PS7910 is also sold as Makita EA7900. Exactly the same thing.

Latest posts