Don't Buy Junk

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to go with a 125. I like working with my hands when I can but I don't always have enough time...or the tools...or sometimes the talent.

Not wanting to sound (too much) like an AS thread snob, but does this topic belong on the Firewood forum?

It does belong here. In the rural circuit and in firewood itself, there is a range between what people build, make and do for themselves, and what they hire done or buy as a finished product. Whether that GM in your name stands for General Motors or General Manager, you should have a particular interest in this.

WCTV - I think I understand your general concept. However, where is this algorithm you speak of and where are these 20 theoretical questions?

Without one, the other or both - are we left to just pick a number out of our...butts?

150. There. I did it.

:bang:

No way you could be 200 unless you make a ton of cash and do not lift a finger for anything.
If youfeed yourself and water yourself and deficate by yourself you are at least a 190.:blob2:

Food is purchased. Even the stuff I grow in the summer is really purchased. I buy the seeds.

Water comes from the well which is pumped by the water pump that I did not build through pipes I didn't make and run by electricity that I did not generate.

I drop the bomb in a toilet I didn't make, I wipe my backside with TP that I didn't make, and flush the toilet with water that came from the well that is run by the pump that I didn't build etc etc.

I still vote 200. I view myself as independent but at the core of it I am dependent on the machine. A 2 week power outage covering homes and stores would make my point for me.

CWME, you are down to Earth. I will already guarantee you won't score 200.

If you shut off the power your point will be taken by all.

I have always had a keen interest in survivability. Testing one's will.....if you will.
Would I like to be totally self sufficient? Sure, the idea carries with it a certain amount of alluring romance and a dump truck load of self confidence.
However I'm quite sure after a few weeks (should I last that long) I would tire of the charade and crawl back down the ladder to my miserable life of dependency. On a broader scale I am a 'I can do it' type of person. Should I buy those wood claws or make my own? I made my own but I used the technology of someone else to accomplish it.
So in a two score format I would love to classify myself as a 100. (or even less) but theoretically I would be more like a 175. It sucks when you think of it like that, major ego buster but admittedly true. So being that I prefer the average scale I call myself a 137.50.
See that makes me feel better. Now I'm off to figure out how to make vegetable seeds and toilet paper!
:poop:

... A 2 week power outage covering homes and stores would make my point for me.

Not 2-weeks, but a few years ago a March ice storm took down hundreds of miles of power lines... 10 winter days without power, (gas) furnace or water pump. We couldn't even get to town for the first 5-days, power lines and poles blocked the road. We got by just fine out here in the sticks, thank you. I didn't even have a generator at the time (I do now)... we melted buckets of snow by the wood furnace for water and cooked outside over an open fire.

I'm stayin' with my 75.
The only way you could be a 200 is if'n ya' was in a coma and on life support.

I have always had a keen interest in survivability. Testing one's will.....if you will.
Would I like to be totally self sufficient? Sure, the idea carries with it a certain amount of alluring romance and a dump truck load of self confidence.
However I'm quite sure after a few weeks (should I last that long) I would tire of the charade and crawl back down the ladder to my miserable life of dependency. On a broader scale I am a 'I can do it' type of person. Should I buy those wood claws or make my own? I made my own but I used the technology of someone else to accomplish it.
So in a two score format I would love to classify myself as a 100. (or even less) but theoretically I would be more like a 175. It sucks when you think of it like that, major ego buster but admittedly true. So being that I prefer the average scale I call myself a 137.50.
See that makes me feel better. Now I'm off to figure out how to make vegetable seeds and toilet paper!
:poop:

That's some one I could live around. 137.5 would run a business, farm, country, anything.

What is your strength/weakness, current level of preparedness, goals, liabilities? How do you react now to situations which require a choice? Do you go to town or fire up a welder? Do you like a strong local economy--Mom and Pop or big box and strong national and international trade? Or pull it out of your butt.

Ya know...we have played along here...you posted...
Answers to twenty topics -- how you feel about them from 1 to 10. The sum of these scores is the true score based on the algorithm.

I'm starting to think you post just because you can with no real meaning...where's the 1-20 topics so we can base a score to the a.l.g.o.r.i.t.h.m.

ya know...we have played along here...you posted...
Answers to twenty topics -- how you feel about them from 1 to 10. The sum of these scores is the true score based on the algorithm.

I'm starting to think you post just because you can with no real meaning...where's the 1-20 topics so we can base a score to the a.l.g.o.r.i.t.h.m.

this.

Replies Still Comin' In

Ya know...we have played along here...you posted...

I've got 'em. Do I need to post it tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back