double d rings

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

electrictrimmer

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have never used a saddle that has double floating d rings, but I have often wondered about them. Do you have to tie into both floating d rings or can you tie into only 1 and use the other for a lanyard? Don't bash me for this one, but I'm only curious. By the way what type of saddles is everyone using these days. I use a buckingham with the leg straps and board for a seat. It really heavy, but it gets the job done. I'm wanting something a little more comfortable without having to sell the house.

Current I'm using a Weaver Cougar with a rope bridge which is about $230. Never used a double floating D ring saddle. Is there a real advantage to double D rings? I guess that it could be used for a split tail or maybe two tie in points of attachment on the saddle. I don't really see much of an advantage.

Current I'm using a Weaver Cougar with a rope bridge which is about $230. Never used a double floating D ring saddle. Is there a real advantage to double D rings? I guess that it could be used for a split tail or maybe two tie in points of attachment on the saddle. I don't really see much of an advantage.

I think they're designed for using with 2 tie in points like you stated. My last saddle offered them but I ordered one with just the single D ring. My current saddle came with two and I removed one. There might be an odd occasion where two floating D's will come in handy but the applications are limited and not worth the extra #### on your belt, IMO.

The Buckingham Saddle with the leg straps is what I use, has the floating double d rings for use. I find this belt to be the best I have ever had. I had the buckingham with the saddle previous, its alright i suppose, more for sitting than climbing though. I liked it, it had the double d as well. I think the double d is a safety thing as much as for two tie ins. The added weight factor? give me a break man, like? what does a d ring weigh? as if its gonna make a difference, why would anyone cut something off that Buckingham thought might be useful, because of the weight? thats just a joke, sorry but it is.:chainsawguy:

The Buckingham Saddle with the leg straps is what I use, has the floating double d rings for use. I find this belt to be the best I have ever had. I had the buckingham with the saddle previous, its alright i suppose, more for sitting than climbing though. I liked it, it had the double d as well. I think the double d is a safety thing as much as for two tie ins. The added weight factor? give me a break man, like? what does a d ring weigh? as if its gonna make a difference, why would anyone cut something off that Buckingham thought might be useful, because of the weight? thats just a joke, sorry but it is.:chainsawguy:

It's not really about the weight. It's just the extra #### on your saddle that you don't need. No point to it. Piece after piece, gear adds up. And the more #### on your belt the more chance of getting it hung up on something in the tree, the more #### to look through when you need something...blah blah blah. Most climbers I've seen operate that are totally duded out with gear suck, but they'll talk your ear off about awesome their setups are. If you can't walk 30 feet out a limb without setting redirects and another climb line you need to take your ass back to school 'cause you ain't gonna make a treeman.

attachment.php

Latest posts

Back