Down the slippery slope

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

59Billy

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Just for the record, a couple of months of field testing have convinced me that the 98798 people who say a Stihl 290 is too small for milling hardwood are right. :deadhorse: The first few logs were fun, but once the new wore off, it started being a PITA.

So, Saturday, I pulled the trigger on an 066 magnum on ebay. Now I find myself wishing I'd gotten a "real" Alaskan mill instead of the Small Log mill. Or maybe I should use the 290 to drive a Ripsaw. Or...

But I can stop any time I want to.

Really.

semi-gloat: I was waffling between the 044 and 066 when the LOML told me to just shut up, get the bigger saw, and be done with it. :heart:

"Be done with it"....she doesn't get it, does she?

You'll love the 066, I know I do mine.

Mark

Well, she knows there ain't no "done with it", but at least this way, it'll be a little longer before I come up with an excuse to buy another saw.

btw, some of your posts figured in my choice of saws, so thanks. AS overall has been a great resource!

Well, she knows there ain't no "done with it", but at least this way, it'll be a little longer before I come up with an excuse to buy another saw.

btw, some of your posts figured in my choice of saws, so thanks. AS overall has been a great resource!

This is a great place. Some really good people who "know stuff". Glad I could help.

Mark

Back