Downed Tree Value

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Appy2634

Reaction score
A tree was cut down on my property by mistake. I am trying to find out the value of the tree. The tree was on my front yard and very dear to our family.
I believe it was a silver maple but not sure
The truck measured 25 inches across at the cut
Attached is a pictire of the tree
Any help would be appreciated

Valuation depends on state and local law, and why the tree was removed.

Your best bet is to gather all the pictures that have the tre in it and any debris left from the removal to have a consulting arborist look at to do a valuation. The more they have to work with the better they can do the job.

You cna find a consulting arborist in your area at this site. Search for on that has experianc as expert witness.

Also find a lawyer with experiance in this type of tresspass.

Attachment Problem!

I too have learned from experience that if you first attach a photo, then preview your message, then post it.........somehow, the system will lose your attachment. Don't ask me where it goes, how it gets there, or who even put it there? Either way, it disappears into cyberspace and is lost for ever!

Shane Freeman
Hope this somewhat helps!

Some of my professors go out and do consultation on this type of thing. I don't know if they would do this type of thing though, they usually do work for municipalities, corporate, etc. Call up the UMASS Cooperative Ext. service though and see what they can do for you.

Latest posts

Back