DR. 15 ton splitter mod

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dwinch53

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I bought a DR 15 ton splitter a short time ago and after splitting 3 face cord I knew I had to raise the height of the log cradle...hard on the back from bending over...I really like the dual action on the DR...I did a post here asking for ideas and after thinking long and hard I did a mod and raised it apx 6 inches, thanks to all for your replies...Now I have the right height for myself...Doing this mod myself cost was about $30.00...first two pics are before shots View attachment 258365View attachment 258366View attachment 258367View attachment 258368View attachment 258369

Last edited:
Thanks Triptester..I think without running DR down, and I am NOT...they need to raise the thing up...the 24 inch original height might be ok for some guys...I am 5' 8 1/2" tall and it was to short for me...maybe they should have it as an option...I spoke to DR and they told me it was short so the operator did not have to lift up the log as far...I would rather lift it up more and have a comfortable work height when splitting...it is a very nice splitter that is well made...there are about 5 dealers near my home...The people at DR are very nice

Back