DR power fixed (kinetic 34)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bolts are on order, and I had to get a package of 5... so you know what I am gonna do? I am gonna rub their noses in it!
I gonna saunter in there and find Darrin the gent that repaired the splitter and I gonna hand him back his grade 5 stuff. Then I gonna hand him a pair of the "right stuff" the grade 8's just in case he has to service another splitter and will need the correct bolts. I will keep the 5th one in my collection.

It probably would be fine, but It would keep me up nights worrying about it...

Maybe he thinks 5's are better in THAT application than 8's?

You did know that 5's ARE better in SOME applications than 8's, didn't you??

SR

I think it's a reasonable assumption to assume that if it came from the factory with 8's, then 8's are the better choice for that application - until the factory decides that 5's are better.

You may be right, but I've seen MANY times in machinery, when it wasn't...

Muffler bolts on Honda 13's, for instance, they were breaking all the time! They came with too hard of bolts and Honda refused to admit it. Meanwhile the bolts kept breaking, UNTIL an engineer friend of mine, owner of a sawmill mfg., started replacing the bolts with softer bolts to fix the problem. It took Honda a couple years to "catch up" on that one! AND it cost my friend quite a bit of money and a huge amount of time, to make the problem go away!

IF he had waited for the factory to decide, it would have went on for years and years...

SR

Latest posts

Back