DR tree sheer

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blazin

Blazin

Addicted to ArboristSite
I can see a lawsuit coming there, puncture wounds, etc... :laugh: ..... and for them really big trees, back up 30ft and let er eat! :msp_scared:

Jredsjeep

Jredsjeep

ArboristSite Operative
i saw it to and wondered how they got a product like that out the door with the blood sucking lawyers waiting in their caves. it looks like it would work real well on flat ground with a drivers steady hand but not around here, we have far to many hills and dips in our landscape to make this machine useful for our area. i would also be leary of the learning curve if you miss the tree doing 20 mph. that little bumper is not going to hold up to a direct hit and physics dictates the driver will keep moving until something stops him. i thought it would be a better design to add triangulation to the front end to at least deflect a tree if you miss, sort of like the front skirt on a train. at least it would move you over instead of stop you cold.

taylor6400

taylor6400

ArboristSite Operative
I can see a lawsuit coming there, puncture wounds, etc... :laugh: ..... and for them really big trees, back up 30ft and let er eat! :msp_scared:

Yeah, what happens when you hit one thats a little too big...stuff is going to break. When i plow snow and hit something with the plow at anything over a crawl its a jolt to the whole machine. This just seems like a bad idea unless you have a field full of saplings.

"Think it will cut down that 6" oak?" "Hold my beer and watch this!"

Iska3

Iska3

Addicted to ArboristSite
I use the Ground Hog Disk on the back of our ATV to make some of our flod plots and a country plow on the front in the winter but I can't see me using something like that to cut even the small brush here in our area with all the rocks and uneven ground. Something like that might work on a small tractor like an 8N and even then it's pure abuse to a body let alone the machine.

oppermancjo

oppermancjo

ArboristSite Operative
If you were a real farmer/rancher and wanted to take care of that many trees, you would have a tractor with an air conditioned/heated cab and a large brush hog.

That looks fun and all, but I don't see many of those selling....

stihl sawing
Thing looks like an accident waiting to happen. I've been over the handlebars of a few motorcyles by accident. it hurts.:hmm3grin2orange:Don't intend to do it on purpose with that contraption. There will some that buy it and don't wear a helmet. The first time one of em center punches that big iron guard with the head, the lawsuits will start.

mybowtie

mybowtie

ArboristSite Operative
I wounder if it would work on a tractor. At least you have the weight of the tractor in your favor. The speed needed my be an issue on a tractor thou....

brenndatomu

brenndatomu

Hey you woodchucks, quit chucking my wood!
Can you imagine hitting a tree that has a long forgotten T-post growed into it!!! :msp_scared: These guys must have (or will have) a real busy legal dept.

Mike from Maine

Mike from Maine

Read that the ms362 is awesome!!!
Is this for real?

I thought it was a spoof at first

I mean come on, wait till some redneck gets drunk and goes over the handlebars into a 12" oak. :bang: it will make for some good you tube videos...

I guess it's a good way of thinning the gene pool of lcd's.

(lowest common denominators)

Wazzu

Wazzu

ArboristSite Operative
That thing actually looks like it was designed for the country near where I am at. It is made for killing off junipers, which suck up a ton of groundwater preventing grasses from growing for livestock. As far as the tractor thing goes, many of the ranching areas out here are inaccessible or not practical with a tractor so you have to either use a horse or ATV.

cantoo

cantoo

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Every tool has it place and it's limitations. I'm sure there are areas and trees (twigs) where this thing would work great. I cleared 4 acres of sumac a few years ago by hand, this thing would have worked great for that property. Never had a property since that would need it though, so likely too much investment for a one time job.

Wazzu

Wazzu

ArboristSite Operative
Every tool has it place and it's limitations. I'm sure there are areas and trees (twigs) where this thing would work great. I cleared 4 acres of sumac a few years ago by hand, this thing would have worked great for that property. Never had a property since that would need it though, so likely too much investment for a one time job.

Yea $1200 bucks is ridiculous.

zogger

zogger

Tree Freak
If you were a real farmer/rancher and wanted to take care of that many trees, you would have a tractor with an air conditioned/heated cab and a large brush hog.

That looks fun and all, but I don't see many of those selling....

Boom mower works better on saplings and trees. I have taken down some big ones with it. Start at the top or near the top, chew it right down to the ground.