Dressing bar question.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jkstihl

Chainsaws make me fap.
Reaction score
Do the burrs on the side really matter when the top rail has been dressed? The cutters are wider than the bar so i dont see why a lip that sticks out sideways would matter? I mean yeah you might as well file them smooth on each side of the bar but does it really matter?

Do the burrs on the side really matter when the top rail has been dressed? The cutters are wider than the bar so i dont see why a lip that sticks out sideways would matter? I mean yeah you might as well file them smooth on each side of the bar but does it really matter?
If you use a bar dresser guide that references the side of the bar to get a 90 degree top then the side burr must be removed first.

Yes exactly the burr should be the 1st thing you do to it. I don't have any fancy tools I use a square and a light behind it.

If you keep a sharp chain with rakers set right it shouldn't really wear to 1 side and also with a good chain and lots of oil bar wear becomes a non issue. I've got a 3 rivet Oregon bar from 40 plus years ago no paint at all and it has been taken care of its life it will last another 40 years doing the obove and perhaps a tip at some stage

Its quiet shocking what people cut with sometimes. Even old guys that should bloody well know better
I enjoy seeing the guys that bring a saw and say, it runs rough and is hard to start. They have never cleaned air filter or the saw. Took one off a saw held it upside down and filled with gas, not a drop came though it. Every saw, bar and chain needs servicing.

I enjoy seeing the guys that bring a saw and say, it runs rough and is hard to start. They have never cleaned air filter or the saw. Took one off a saw held it upside down a filled with gas, not a drop came though it. Every saw, bar and chain needs servicing.

Aww wow 20cc upgrade right there

Latest posts

Back