Drolet HT2000

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anyone else own this stove?

• yes

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • no

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters
Debating between that and another nc30 for the basement install. Let me know how that is. I know the nc30 is a beast upstairs

I know i have been looking into one as well. @Steve NW WI bought and installed one a couple years ago. I wouldnt mind hearing a report from him as to how its working

Got the new stove last Wed.
Was $1500 CAD with a large starter kit including air blower, internal flue thermometer, fireplace gloves, moisture meter, 50 pack fire-starter, stove paint and glass cleaner
It's a heavy one at 489 lbs. and had a friend help me lift it in place.
I just need a shorter 8" exhaust pipe and new 6" reducer pipe to connect to the 8" Superflue.
Then I'm ready for the cold, bring it on.
IMG_20150908_095539479[1].jpg

I always heard good things about these . Reviews all seem to be positive and heat output is said to be impressive ..It's like a Englander nc30 but a lot more refined and better looking

Don't have that model, but have had a Drolet Savannah stove since 2009, their quality is excellent, very happy with my decision to go with Drolet.

I also swept the Superflu 8" chimney today and got a bit of soot out of it.
I clean it at the start of each heating season.
Since the new stove was not in final location, I hooked a plastic bag over the bottom of the chimney pipe to catch ash falling from the top.
I push my wire chimney brush down with fibreglass rods made for the brush.
I was surprised that a half bag of soot was removed from the chimney, but it is a long run at almost 30 feet straight up through the middle of the house from the basement.
The new stove should burn better than my old one though.
IMG_20150917_121403748[1].jpg

OMG!
First fire of the season on Saturday night with temps here down to 6 C. It was 23 C in the house all night.
Just burned one load of Silver Maple and what a great fire and heat output this Drolet has.
I haven't installed the blower yet, but the rolling fire chamber and heat output is fantastic.
Secondary burns all night until the flames went out.
The firebox is huge and I had heat and lots of coals left on Sunday morning, ten hours later.
Wonder how the harder hardwoods will burn in this amazing new stove.
first fire 1.jpg

Just picked mine up last weekend. my local Mills Fleet Farm had a sale on stoves a few weeks ago. Normally priced at $1289.00 I only paid $899.00 for mine. they were out of stock so i had to get a rain check but i got it saturday and installed it sunday. im with dancan though, still not cold enough for a test fire.

Back