Dropped a big oak today...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evanrude

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
...with my 260!
acn.jpg

abn.jpg

Hah, not really. I used my favorite saw, the 660 w/36" bar on it.
abs.jpg

aci.jpg

My part time dog (actually my dad's dog, but she likes to come out to the woods with us)
aco.jpg

And finally, my trusty wood hauler.
acb.jpg

The oak was 40" where I felled it. If I get out there tomorrow, I'm gonna have to get some action shots for y'all. Maybe even a vid of the 660 tearin it up.

Sorry about the quality, the pics were taken with my phone.

Last edited:
Looks good..
Looks like you have a few trips to make. Hope your not going to far.

Hey man, those a pretty good quality for a phone camera. Nice drop, looks like you'll have some work to do... That size tree would last me a good portion of an entire season. :cheers:

Had me going for a minute there in the first pic...

Haha, yep. That'd be pretty amazing eh?

Looks good..
Looks like you have a few trips to make. Hope your not going to far.

Nope, the woods is right behind my house. I pretty much hit the jackpot with this wood lot. Asked my neighbor earlier this fall and he was more than happy to have me in there.

Looks like it seasoned on the stump a bit.

That's a haul of fuel! :cheers:

Keep us posted as we want to see how you handle the big rounds.

Yeah, she's got about 4" of punky stuff under the bark at the stump, limbs are pretty much useless. Gotta split off the bad stuff and toss the limbs in a pile. Going to split her up right there, haul it up to the house and stack it. I dont burn myself, this is all for sale.

Hey man, those a pretty good quality for a phone camera. Nice drop, looks like you'll have some work to do... That size tree would last me a good portion of an entire season. :cheers:

My phone has a pretty decent cam on it actually. Going to be busy this week for sure.

Real nice trailer Evanrude...looking forward to tomorrows pic as well. btw what kind of tractor is that?

Real nice trailer Evanrude...looking forward to tomorrows pic as well. btw what kind of tractor is that?

Sorry, I didnt get out to the woods today. Trailer is all I've got to haul my wood deliveries in. Gotta be careful with er, she's pretty light duty. Been looking for a nice tandem trailer, but havent found the right one yet. Tractor is a Simplicity 7116.

660 goodness

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_GCpXyuDvqg"> </param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_GCpXyuDvqg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"> </embed> </object>

I loved the video! I must be old and married with children. I watched 1 min 25 sec video of a guy cutting a round off a tree at 11pm Friday night. What a loser I am! . . . . but I still enjoyed it. Need to get one of those big saws someday.:yourock:

I loved the video! I must be old and married with children. I watched 1 min 25 sec video of a guy cutting a round off a tree at 11pm Friday night. What a loser I am! . . . . but I still enjoyed it. Need to get one of those big saws someday.:yourock:

:ices_rofl: We're just a different breed I guess.

Nice work:clap: :clap:! I wish you were here with that nice saw. There's a huge oak up the street from me that I could use some help quartering. Cool saw and cool video!

Me three. Was enjoying the video until the wife yelled, "What the h*ll is that?"

:clap: :cheers:
I need a big saw :(
buddy told me yesterday at dinner he had some firewood i could have..

I responed " you can keep that old syacamore!" ( i knew he dropped one to get his internet service to work :D )

he said NO a 36" oak needs to come down...
WHHOOOOHOOOO but need bigger saw...did i mention that? :D:D

Back