Droppin' a big Maple / 066BB, MS440, 372BB

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks great Brad, would have liked to see some more of that 372! Good editing and technique, from that angle looked like 12" rounds? I'm jonesin for a 372, you gottta hook me up man!!! :greenchainsaw:

Thanks for the comments guys. I'm more impressed with this 066 than I ever have been before. It's tuned a lot richer than I would for cookie cutting. But these are a lot more extended high load cuts. I was really pleased with it yesterday. In this size wood, it was a huge jump from the 460 and 372.

I know you know this, but that is why big saws are big saws.

All the saws were running great. Thanks for sharing.:cheers:

Mr. HE:cool:

I really dig the headband, BTW.

Gotta ask about the hand switching. I think I saw a wrap on your 084 but this looked to be a conscious decision, didn't look like it helped that much. Just asking really.

Yeah, I don't take it lightly either.

Then ya should have cleaned up the place before dropping that tree. If it went the wrong way, where were you gonna run to besides into the brush stacks? Should have thrown a tag line it in the first place too just for safe measures....those wedges can sometimes spit back out.

Don't take this as a personal attack Brad, I just don't want to see any accidents (dangerous work in the first place), and by not thinking that situation out better, you increased the risk immensely.

I did a similar thing once with a 24" tulip. I had to get out and was surrounded by brush. I ended up tripping and falling down. Lucky I was safe, but it taught me a good lesson. Working for a tree company now also shows me how sometimes weird stuff happens and you always have to be ready.

Last edited:
Then ya should have cleaned up the place before dropping that tree. If it went the wrong way, where were you gonna run to besides into the brush stacks? Should have thrown a tag line it in the first place too just for safe measures....those wedges can sometimes spit back out.

Don't take this as a personal attack Brad, I just don't want to see any accidents (dangerous work in the first place), and by not thinking that situation out better, you increased the risk immensely.

I did a similar thing once with a 24" tulip. I had to get out and was surrounded by brush. I ended up tripping and falling down. Lucky I was safe, but it taught me a good lesson. Working for a tree company now also shows me how sometimes weird stuff happens and you always have to be ready.
You're right on all accounts. Here's some info I'd like to pass along from TZed. LINK It's a document that has a great deal of information about logging and felling safety. Also, here is a LINK to the Ohio Forestry website. Look in the "Coming Events" column and you will see that a "Chainsaw-Level 1" course will be offered in Chillicothe on Oct. 30, 2009.

Ya, he looks like the Boss. I mean Bruce Springsteen.:cheers:
I sweat like a stinkin' pig! I sure don't like to wear it. I literally wrung it out a couple times, like I had it in the sink full of water.

You're right on all accounts. Here's some info I'd like to pass along from TZed. LINK It's a document that has a great deal of information about logging and felling safety. Also, here is a LINK to the Ohio Forestry website. Look in the "Coming Events" column and you will see that a "Chainsaw-Level 1" course will be offered in Chillicothe on Oct. 30, 2009.

I sweat like a stinkin' pig! I sure don't like to wear it. I literally wrung it out a couple times, like I had it in the sink full of water.

It was good to see you some eye protection on this time:clap:

Back